Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Songdragon

Explorer
Oooo... Yay!

Sooo... do I go soldier for the Treat Injury... and Tough as Nails (an extra Second Wind)... or Jedi (she's not a real jedi perse, but been around a few, and then likely take Acrobatics and some force talent.

I am waiting the Jedi stuff, but storywise, this has not yet come to Mir I am thinking. She has met a few, but the Soldier fits more at this point in the Campaign. I will take it eventually though. :cool:

Possum... are the Agent of Ossus (p. 91, from Force Unleashed Campaign Guide) available? Maybe not right where we are... but in general.

possum

First Post
Oooo... Yay!

Sooo... do I go soldier for the Treat Injury... and Tough as Nails (an extra Second Wind)... or Jedi (she's not a real jedi perse, but been around a few, and then likely take Acrobatics and some force talent.

I am waiting the Jedi stuff, but storywise, this has not yet come to Mir I am thinking. She has met a few, but the Soldier fits more at this point in the Campaign. I will take it eventually though. :cool:

Possum... are the Agent of Ossus (p. 91, from Force Unleashed Campaign Guide) available? Maybe not right where we are... but in general.

Not really. As far as I can remember, they never really show up in the campaign. Sorry about that.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sloor updated to 4th level. Added a level of Scoundrel, since he's been doing mostly scoundrelly things this time around (and enjoying himself immensely doing them :)). +5 HPs, +1 Base Attack, +1 Talent (Knack), +1 Str and Con.

Songdragon

Explorer
Question: Regarding the force, unless the effects are obvious (force lightning - lighting being thrown about, force blast = a bunch of debris flying at someone and that sort of thing) if someone uses a force power (mind trick, farseeing, telepathy) does someone know these powers are happening? I have not read any Star Wars so I do not know hot things are portrayed. It just seems unless there was cause, no one would know certain force powers are even in use.

Is this a correct view of powers?

As for Mir leveling up...
  • +1 to Intelligence and Wisdom (4th level)
  • Soldier (level 1)
  • + 7 hit points
  • + 1 bab
  • Treat Injury added as a trained skill due to increased intelligence
  • Rodese (due to increased intelligence)
  • Martial Arts I (if approved by Possum in lieu of Soldier feats)
  • Tough As Nails

Dr Simon

Explorer
I'll level up Darius; another level of Jedi seems to make the most sense. How are you doing hit points? Roll or some kind of fixed rate?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Re Force Powers:
Well... the 3 Force Powers that Mir did use would be rather difficult to detect, since none had any visible effects. The first two were Mir turning to the Krags and suggesting to them to do something... odd yes... and they might watch her for 'something'. The Vital Transfer, was Mir merely giving Sloor a helping hand but all looks. Trying to keep any flashy abilities to a minimum :)
This issue came up in the SWSE game that I am running as well. It really isn't covered in the rules.

What we decided was that if a Force power needs a gesture or other visual component (ie. Force Slam, Force Grip, Move Object), the Force User could roll a Stealth check to hide/mask it. But for some things without a visual cue, only another Force User would even recognize the action if they were in a position to Perceive it. That only hides the source of the Force Power, not the effects of it, of course.

But the really obvious ones like the Force Shield and Negate Energy could not be hidden. The effects would probably be seen by anyone with LOS.

Mind Trick, would probably not be noticeable, except to the person she tried it upon and failed. Same with illusion, but maybe that one needs a stealth check to hide a hand gesture?

possum

First Post
This issue came up in the SWSE game that I am running as well. It really isn't covered in the rules.

What we decided was that if a Force power needs a gesture or other visual component (ie. Force Slam, Force Grip, Move Object), the Force User could roll a Stealth check to hide/mask it. But for some things without a visual cue, only another Force User would even recognize the action if they were in a position to Perceive it. That only hides the source of the Force Power, not the effects of it, of course.

But the really obvious ones like the Force Shield and Negate Energy could not be hidden. The effects would probably be seen by anyone with LOS.

Mind Trick, would probably not be noticeable, except to the person she tried it upon and failed. Same with illusion, but maybe that one needs a stealth check to hide a hand gesture?

There's also the fact the majority of the audience was likely paying more attention to the "light show" going on at the moment as well. I'm going to keep a little tight lipped on this, though. I could have it come up later...

[MENTION=23494]Songdragon[/MENTION] : Do you have every single starting feat for Soldier?

Songdragon

Explorer
Possum...

Mir does not have the armor proficiency (light, medium, or heavy) feats

Mir does have the Weapons (pistols, rifles, simple)

I believe, Sloor talked to you about letting him have Martial Arts I.

I would even be okay with advanced weapon (vibroblade / vibrodagger) (kinda like a non--proficient person in D&D and picks up a single martial weapon.

Whichever you are fine or not fine with Possum. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases