Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread] - Page 69

+ Log in or register to post
Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 19 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Binder Fred
    It was WP(Advanced Melee).

Re the Force Use, I do agree no glowing lights were likely involved. In my mind most people in the SW universe are Force savvy though, meaning they know it exists and probably have exagerated ideas on what it can and can't do. It is also true that two Karg brothers acted moderately to very strangely just after Mir talked to them, the later case just in front of Darga's balcony. It's not entirely unlikely for somebody that knew Zayda's team to get just a bit curious and go talk to the two brothers about it. And then... No certainty, sure, but suspicions? Maybe.

Not that selling us out is Darga's only possible response to even blatant Force use, of course. He could be very pleased to have that kind of talent working for him, under the Empire's nose, so to speak; it gives him possible blackmail leverage against us - always nice to have if you need it - giving him a sense of control; AND, he'll possibly reason, he can always decide to sell us out if/when an opportune moment presents itself (we're money in the bank, ready to be spent ).

Now if somebody *else* clicked, someone with their own personal agenda, then that might be a problem...
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Binder Fred
    Ack! Almost forgot to post this yet *again*:

Nice fight everybody! I particularly liked the contrast between Darius' "calm and controlled" style vs Sloor's more gut-level figting. Nice way to come in swinging, Dr Simon. Can't believe how lucky we were on our rolling either. Average to slightly disappointing damage, but I don't think Sloor missed once the entire time!
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore possum
    It got a little hairy for you guys for a while, I think, but then Mir neutralized 2/3 of the heavy hitters and then it got really easy.

And @Songdragon : Go ahead and take the feat. As far as I know, I never outright said that you have to have all of the feats to qualify for taking the Bonus Feat as a class feat. I may implement in a future game, but not in this one.
    Last edited by possum; Wednesday, 30th November, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Blog Entries

Ignore Dr Simon
    Thanks BF. Wasn't sure if I'd have much of a character to take over for a while there!

Possum, is it okay if I re-jig a few of Darius' feats? A couple of them don't seem to make much sense mechanics-wise. On a related note, shall I go ahead and stat up Boomer for later introduction? I don't mind carrying on with Darius until a suitable juncture comes up.

Edit: Actually I mean Force Powers. Feats are fine.
    Last edited by Dr Simon; Thursday, 1st December, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
    New from The Lazy GM: Pathfinder Kobolds. Hundreds of pre-gen kobolds with all-new Pathfinder options.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore possum
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Simon View Post
    Thanks BF. Wasn't sure if I'd have much of a character to take over for a while there!

Possum, is it okay if I re-jig a few of Darius' feats? A couple of them don't seem to make much sense mechanics-wise. On a related note, shall I go ahead and stat up Boomer for later introduction? I don't mind carrying on with Darius until a suitable juncture comes up.

Edit: Actually I mean Force Powers. Feats are fine.
    No, go ahead.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Binder Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Simon View Post
    Yeah, that round was a potential disaster for both Darius AND Sloor. Thank god for Destiny points!
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Memorable games

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Binder Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    "Say, mate. You mind if I keep the broken droid? We sorta won the rights to him by trial of combat." He asks the workshop manager as he pulls out his toolkit.
    Wow. You're lucky TB's not there or you'd get an earful.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Memorable games

Defender (Lvl 8)

GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

Ignore perrinmiller
    Ha! TB should remember who fixes him. Never a good idea to annoy the mechanic. LOL
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore possum
    So, how's everyone on being ready to move on?

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Binder Fred
    Sorry for the slow posting: busy yesterday (complex field trip starting tomorrow) and twitchy internet today.

I'm good for moving on, Possum.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Memorable games

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 19 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast