Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

possum

First Post
perrinmiller, it's my belief that we're pretty much full and the other players are discussing backgrounds with each other. I'm sorry, but thanks for the interest.

Nebten

First Post
Binder, I'm going to side-step the falling in love angle. No offense Songdragon ;)

I believe the players are ready to start =v)

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
No problem, Nebten, just throwing them out there.

We're still missing a sheet for Ambrus' droid, but other than that, yes, I think we're ready.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
perrinmiller, it's my belief that we're pretty much full and the other players are discussing backgrounds with each other. I'm sorry, but thanks for the interest.
Possum: OK. Sorry to hear that you won't take any more, but I was under the impression that Ambrus was only filling the last spot if there wasn't enough interest. If you change your mind and reconsider to allow a 5th character I will keep checking for a little while longer. I will finish the background anyway on my character just in case.

R, PM

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Don't give up hope. Possum's games tend to last a looong time (which is good). I'm sure you're on top of the list as far as alternates go. :)

Ambrus

Explorer
I posted a tentative character build in the Dramatis Personae thread. It's a tricky build and I'm fairly new to the Saga system, so I'll need to review it to make sure it all works.

While flipping through the books to look for character options, I came across the shard/iron knights in the Jedi Academy Training Manual. I'm intrigued by the notion of silicon based lifeforms that live in droid bodies. After talking to Posum about it, my idea is to play a force sensitive shard rather than a straight probe droid. As to background, I was thinking of incorporating elements proposed by others.

At this point in the timeline, Shards were newly introduced to the galaxy only a few decades earlier but are still relatively unknown. Their republic ambassadors are now being systematically assassinated and their outer rim home planet of Orax is in the process of being occupied by the new regime. I imagine that my character was recently part of a shard ambassadorial delegation from Orax who's compatriots were ambushed and slain by assassins while passing through the station. While scavenging what he thought to be a bunch of destroyed droid chassis (in fact, the droid bodies of the shard delegates) Sloor found an intact shard. Unfamiliar with the odd species, the Besalisk thought he'd found some sort of exotic gemstone. He eagerly shopped it around, looking for a buyer with deep pockets. Eventually he showed it to a scholarly fellow, Mir Malone, who was able to recognize the crystal for what it was. Taking a droid chassis that they had at hand, they endeavored to place the shard into Sloor's pet probot. Able to communicate and act once more, Sigil is now ready to team up with the rebellion so as to depose the tyrannical new regime and free his people from imprisonment on their homeworld.

Binder Fred

Mir and Sloor have just met, you know, and Sloor's motivation for "giving away" his pet probe to Sigil is not clear to me in this scenario (you might have gathered that he's a scoundrel ;)). What does he have to gain?

A bit short on time right now, but I suggest variations on "Sloor (originaly?) thinks Sigil (CJL ?) is a standard if quirky droid". Either A. Sloor found and repaired his original body, or B. Sloor totally mis-intepreted the "takes control of a droid" part of his research and thought the crystal was an invasive puppet program designed to take over a droid. He promptly used you to try and steal a probe droid (related to the Droidgrab games, I'm pretty sure). Things went sideways for him from there.

Sloor is presently cerrtain that CJL is not quite right in the head, and also that he can't be brain wipped (he's tried and it took him *weeks* to get out of the doghouse on that one :p). Meanwhile, Sigil has been keeping semi-quiet about his true nature, dropping pointed hints here and there after the Big Reveal did not work out : Sloor plain didn't believe him, accusing him of trying to "Get under thaw fact that I own you!" The nerve! He's been quietly investigating his options since then, playing the droid role in front of outsiders, trying to see who he can trust on this enemy station...

Anything grab you in there?

Songdragon

Explorer
Binder... I am with Neb, no love story. And thanks for the heads up on Possum, for long campaigns. I would love to be able to make it through the DoD mods. :)

Ambrus... Sigil, is cool. :cool: I read about the Shards the other day and thought they were interesting. I just was not into droids myself.

As for background, I would go with the your delegation was attacked and you managed to survive. After your companions' droid parts were tossed for scrap or the like you managed to cobble yourself back together. After which you ran into Sloor who has decided to take you on as a companion. For the moment, if you and he are new friends, I would keep the Shard part to yourself. I am sure that that something odd will be noticed by Mir or Keyton with you being force sensitive. Makes for great RPing. All the above are merely suggestions. Take what you like or do not.

Saga is really nice and easy to learn I found. Until you really catch on, in combat, COVER is your friend. After that, take the 2 swift actions to AIM at the baddies to reduce their cover to defenses. They can return the favor, but it is a start.

Perrin... Sorry, I would have thought their more room than the 4 spots (unless Possum has one of the players still playing). :(

Otherwise... Looking forward to getting started. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases