Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Songdragon

Explorer
Well... I have no search function. I do not have a Community Supporter Account either, so I do not know if that effects it at all.

And yeah, that might be a good idea! ;)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The only communicator I have down for Darius is a short range holo-comlink. Of course, I have the excuse that I didn't do the shopping, but it's not a very good excuse ;)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Now that I think about it, *are* earbud comms part of the classic Star Wars feel we're going for here? Off the top of my head I can't think of an example of somebody using them in the movies or cartoon, but that might just be my faulty memory. I *can* think of two counter-example though (instances we're quiet comm devices would have made sense and have not been used). One are the commanders of the clone armies (jedis and non-clone officers, basically anybody not wearing a helmet) who all rely on palm-holo devices for communication in the field. The other is battle droids, who actually *talk* to each other instead of using their internal comms.... Thoughts?

I'm still here. Without a communicator, and seperated from the group, Darius hasn't had much of a chance to say much until now.
Well, I was sort of expecting that he'd do exactly what he did when he did want to talk (i.e walk over). :)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Well, we are sort of in the time of Galaxy of Intrigue Source book, yeah?

The original SW was just limited by 20th century ides for the future, why a commlink would be less sophisticated that a smartphone with bluetooth is sort of ridiculous with FTL travel. :p

Sorry, just had to throw that out there and see if it sticks to the wall. :angel:

Binder Fred

Ah, but Star Wars *isn't* the future (see the very first phrase of the classic scrolling message: "Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." :)). To my mind, Star wars is a space fantasy game, not science-fiction. Like Star Trek, actual hard science plays very little role in shapping the worlds of Star Wars -- and in the case of Star Wars, I think it works just fine. As to the expected curve of tech development having to mirror our own - well - you only have to look at any steam-punk creation to see that that's very setting dependant. If you can accept steam-powered clockwork robots before the invention of electricity, then FTL travel before earbud comlinks is a snap. ;)

I wasn't questionning the existance of earbuds anyways, just that, to me, wearing one doesn't seem to quite fit with the image I have of the genre we're trying to emulate: too... modern, I guess. Special Forces/Secret service-y. Now if we were playing Appleseed...

possum

First Post
I think I've seen some earbud-like objects while reading more modern EU stories, so I will certainly allow earbud comlinks.

Binder Fred

Oh and seems like we've just sashayed past the 1000 posts count yet again on this game. Second time and counting! Congratulations all! :cool: :cool:

Binder Fred

What do you mean "without doing a whole lot"??? Since yesterday morning we've met Darius, were brieffed by Verana, did some long-distance investigation on the way over to Cato Neimoidia, fended off an attack by a swoop bike gang, interrogate the hell out of their leader, convinced Radden to get us a meeting with Darga, won Radden's life in a hotly contested game of "Capture the Radden", partied the night away, didn't get to sleep because we had to *quietly* break into the palace's dungeon, planted a home-made tracer on our carbsickles, cat-napped, foiled a poisoining attempt over breakfast, smoozed the general location of the Tibanna plant off of Demos, broke into his office and revealed his traitory to Darga and finally negotiated a multi-million cred deal between our employer and the entire frekking Empire (or shadow arm thereof)!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases