Recommend good podcast?

GodDelusion

First Post
I'm looking for podcasts that I can listen to during the work day. I am particularly interested in podcasts that cover DM resources, game reviews (RPG and board games) and Pathfinder/3.5/OGL discussions. Thus far, I am aware of both the Critical-Hits & Independent Insurgency podcasts. Any other top notch podcasts that you prefer and would want to recommend?

Merkuri

Explorer
It doesn't have to do with D&D, but I very much enjoy Escape Pod, Podcastle, and Pseudopod, which are podcasts that give a new short story each week (scifi, fantasy, and horror, respectively).

They're very high quality podcasts. I was used to listening to audiobooks from Audible on my iPod but decided to stop my membership in an effort to save money, and the podcasts above are just like short, free audiobooks. I love them.

buddhafrog

First Post
I'm looking for podcasts that I can listen to during the work day. I am particularly interested in podcasts that cover DM resources, game reviews (RPG and board games) and Pathfinder/3.5/OGL discussions. Thus far, I am aware of both the Critical-Hits & Independent Insurgency podcasts. Any other top notch podcasts that you prefer and would want to recommend?

I highly recommend a few:
  • icosahedraphelia - 4e live play with great stroy/DM
  • The Tome Show - sounds dry at first, but the information is first rated - usually 4e
  • Fear the Boot - informative, often funny, probably the most popular RPG podcast on the net and deserving.

Thirsty

First Post
RPGMP3.com has more audio than you can poke a stick at. Its actual play sessions and includes a variety of game system.

Some of it isn't Grandma friendly, so I'd recommend not listening to it on speakers, but if you're listening on headphone and are able to keep yourself from the occasional outburst of hilarity, you're golden.

Cheers
Chris

weem

First Post
I have been listening to the Penny Arcade/PvP Series this week - very funny.

Monday i listened to Series 1 (All episodes 1-8), Tuesday i listened to Series 2 (All episodes 1-8), and as I type this right now, I am in the middle of episode 7 in the 3rd Series.

With that said, good question as I was have been wanting to listen to some about DM resources as well.

Ethalias

First Post
I highly recommend a few:
  • icosahedraphelia - 4e live play with great stroy/DM
  • The Tome Show - sounds dry at first, but the information is first rated - usually 4e
  • Fear the Boot - informative, often funny, probably the most popular RPG podcast on the net and deserving.

I second all of these. I also listen to "Radio Free Hommlet" and "Power Source" Podcasts, though they've not been running as long as some of the above, and aren't *quite* as slick, they have some USPs. Admittedly these all tend to focus on 4E, but there's some handy, more generic stuff, to take from all of them.

The Penny Arcade podcasts are also a must listen imho.

Dr. Confoundo

First Post
I also listen to Radio Free Hommlet and The Tome Show, along with The Podge Cast, Bear Swarm, Happy Jacks RPG Podcast, and Critical Hit from Major Spoilers.

Some are better than others, but all of them have been interesting and informative.

3.5 Private Sanctuary/Know Direction by Ryan Costello Jr. are both pretty good, as is the Order 66 Podcast (not that I know, because I NEVER listen to the Order 66 Podcast!).

Rechan

Adventurer
City of Doors is pretty good, and it's for the DM. It's more about fluff, generating ideas and that sort of thing.

One feature the podcast has is "The Scenic View", where they take an iconic location (like a Mountain or an Island) and toss out interesting ideas for it, so you can make unique locals.

Although I think something is seriously up; they haven't posted a cast since January.

buddhafrog

First Post
City of Doors is pretty good, and it's for the DM. It's more about fluff, generating ideas and that sort of thing.

One feature the podcast has is "The Scenic View", where they take an iconic location (like a Mountain or an Island) and toss out interesting ideas for it, so you can make unique locals.

Although I think something is seriously up; they haven't posted a cast since January.

Great concept - I'll give it a try listen.

Remove ads