Second Day of Mourning (Part II; Judge: Renau1g)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalidrev

First Post
//OOC: This is the continuation of the Second Day of Mourning. SDoM players, please post here from now on.//

Otakkun

Explorer
Garrick simply draws his weapon and stays still, looking everywhere.

With a worried look on his face Garrick moves to M-11 to take a closer look and motions the others to move closer. Whoever has experience at scouting should go ahead and check that place, everyone else, stay back to back and open your eyes in case whoever did this decides to come back.

Perception Check (1d20+1=18)

[sblock=OOC] If I go awol again feel free to npc me using whatever resources I've got available at the time [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: damn...glad to hear that you and your family are ok. Please keep us posted as to how things are going there.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Update] I know! I know! I promised you guys an update, but work took over for the whole day (stupid long meetings), but I've got almost the whole round figured out. I absolutely 100% will have a real update in the morning! And if I don't... then I'll give you all a +4 bonus to your first attack rolls when I do =P (and I'm seriously NOT going to let that happen ;) ) [/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
As the adventurers entered the clearing, something felt off to both of the group's guardians. Grryth could smell the blood from across the clearing, sure, but there was something else. There was a smell beneath all of the blood that smelled metallic and oily. To Gurdan, the area felt unnatural. The trees and plants were all in their right places. Mushrooms and other fungus grew where it was expected to grow, and even with the obvious mechanical apparatuses and torture equipment in full view, something else felt wrong. It wasn't until several sections of the ground opened up, revealing themselves as perfectly camouflaged metal hatches that the two understood what it was they were sensing. This all happened just as Garrick stepped out in front of the group to investigate the massacre.

From out of the underground portals, several creatures and warforged poured forth, surrounding the party and taking them mostly by surprise! Gurdan and Grryth were more ready than the others for something to happen, as they sensed it early, but the rest were rocked onto the back of their heels, back peddling furiously while they were surrounded by their ambushers.

The majority of the hoard charged the wide open Garrick, slicing at him with long hunks of sharpened steel, barely better than metal poles, but jagged and dangerous none the less. Garrick felt a burning sting in both of his arms as he raised them in defense of the charge. Seeing one of his ambushers pulling back to swing, he adroitly dodged to his left, letting the blade pass over his head harmlessly.

One of the metal portals had opened up adjacent to Grryth and Lo-Kag and a small force came out to attack the group. One of the creatures took a swing at Grryth, but the untalented creature's attack was too inaccurate to touch the agile shifter. Rolling under the wild attack, Grryth though himself safe as he popped up to his feet. As he collected himself from the dizzying and sudden movement he saw a cloaked creature brandishing what looked like an odd tool. Puzzled for a moment, Grryth was greeted with the sensation of air on his left side as the weirdly angled tool ripped through his armor and into his flesh. The wound, in itself was relatively minor, but it did not want to seem to stop bleeding and the viscous life fluid began to pour out, seemingly of its own accord.

[sblock=Obvious Forgery: Surprise Round!]

[sblock=badguy actions]
- FG 1: Standard: Charge Garrick from R-13 to N-12; 22 vs AC for 5 damage
- FG 2: Standard: Charge Garrick from J-15 to L-12; 21 vs AC for 5 damage
- FG 3: Move: Move from J-14 to M-12
- FG 4: Move: Move from I-13 to L-11
- FG 5: Standard: Attack Grryth; Misses
- FG 6: Minor: Shift from N-4 to N-5
- FG 7: Standard: Charge Garrick from R-12 to N-11; Misses

- R 1: Move: Move from I-14 to L-13
- R 2: Move: Move from S-13 to O-12
- R 3: Standard: Attack Grryth; 29 vs AC for 4 damage and ongoing 5 (save ends)

- MT 1: Move: Move from H-14 to K-12
- MT 2: Move: Move from S-12 to O-11
- MT 3: Move: Move from N-3 to K-4

You can see all of the attack/damage rolls HERE.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Badguy Info]

This will be updated as you and the bad guys make attacks and do other stuffs

[/sblock]

Initiatives and Conditions:
- Badguys (21):
- Grryth (18): 4/58 damage; Ongoing 5 (save ends) < -- Your turn (1 action for surprise round)
- Garrick (17): Surprised! 10/45 damage
- Lo-Kag (15): Surprised!
- Alexia (14): Surprised!
- Riel (8): Surprised!
- Gurdan (6): < -- Your Turn (1 action for surprise round)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Obvious Forgery (surprise round).jpg
    Obvious Forgery (surprise round).jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 156

Kalidrev

First Post
Grryth's axes fly outwards at their intended foes. One of them hit solidly upon a metal chassis causing the warforged to stumble backwards. It cries out at the shifter.

"AHH! You'll pay for that!"

Grryth's other attack is not so lucky, and the creature on his other side, flesh melted with bits of metal parts, manages to side step the deadly chop of defendery justice.

[sblock=DMDanW] Don't forget that Grryth has ongoing 5 (save ends). I am going to go ahead and this rounds ongoing damage to your damage total, but go ahead and roll the save you would have been given at the end of your turn. [/sblock]

[sblock=Gurdan] You're up! [/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"Gurdan I've got these under control, go help Garrick"

"I'm on it," Gurdan bellows in reply. He charges into the fray, swinging at one of the 'forged near Garrick (Charge Master Thief 1 (will draw opp attack) hits AC 23 for 9 damage. Mark all adjacent enemies as free action.)

[sblock=Gurdan Stat Block]
Gurdan Earthshield, Dwarf Warden 5
Passive Perception 19, Passive Insight 14
AC 22, Fort 18, Reflex 16, Will 16 (Base defenses)
HP 64/64 Bloodied 32, Surge Value 16, Surges 13/13
Speed 5, Initiative +3
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
none

Encounter Resources
Hungry Earth
Earthgrasp Strike
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Healing Word
Triumphant Vigor
Form of Mountain's Thunder
Hail of Thorns
Cloak of Resistance power
Bloodcut Armor power (healing-surge power)
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Seeing his companion in danger, Gurdan charges past one warforged to attack another, more dangerous looking one. Even though he takes a solid hit to the side by a rod of sharpened metal, he ignores the pain and brings his hammer down onto the shoulder of his target. Making jabs all around him, Gurdan ensures some of the warforged creeping around Garrick would have a hard time taking their eyes off of him without taking a beating in the process.

[sblock=Obvious Forgery: End of Surprise Round]

[sblock=good guy actions]
- Grryth

- Standard: Uses Funneling Fury and takes a swing at Master Thief 3 and Forged Guardsman 5; Grryth hits MT 3 for 12 damage and pushes him 1 square to J3. Grryth's attack at the Forged Guardsman misses. Both are Marked.

- Gurdan

- Standard: Charges MT 1, taking an OA from FG 4 for 5 damage. Gurdan is Marked by FG 4 until the end of it's next turn.

- Free: Marks MT 1, FG 4, and FG 2 until the end of Gurdan's next turn.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Badguy Info]

Master Theif's AC is less than 22

Forged Guardsman's AC is greater than 15.

The Reforger is rather accurate with their jagged tools. These jagged tools leave shallow, heavily bleeding wounds. (4 damage and ongoing 5 [save ends] )

[/sblock]

Initiatives and Conditions:
- Badguys (21):
- MT 1: 9 damage; Marked by Gurdan
- MT 3: 12 damage; Marked by Grryth
- FG 2: Marked by Gurdan
- FG 4: Marked by Gurdan
- FG 5: Marked by Grryth

- Grryth (18): 4/58 damage; Ongoing 5 (save ends)
- Garrick (17): 10/45 damage
- Lo-Kag (15):
- Alexia (14):
- Riel (8):
- Gurdan (6): 5/64 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Update for Round 1... coming really really soon (just wanted to get this update out there to end the surprise round)...stay tuned! [/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases