Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
The Chapel
He then looks in confusion to Haruka and Ashir.

-''They stay here!'' Gelname snaps at a nearby cultist who was performing maintenance duties in the chapel. ''I'll be back soon.'' he then rushes out of the chapel.

-''Uh... yes sir!'' says the cultist, a young man in his late teens. He takes a very serious stance, arms crossed, in front of the heroes, determined to carry out his orders. Patrin's jaw hangs open as he looks at the kid.

-''Are you ****ing kidding me?''

Ashir just shrugs to Patrin as their host stares at the wall, but his face turns to concern as the man rushes out. The genasi's thoughts instantly turn to his allies, "Are you ok? Gelname just ran out of here and it seemed like trouble." Ashir thought, hoping to transmit the thoughts.

Looking at the young man, Ashir opens his left hand and a small ball of flames appears, then he opens his right and a crackling ball of lightning appears. "Be wary of those you would attempt to cage young man, not all of us will take it well" as he closes his hands and the effects are snuffed out.

[sblock=ooc]
Just a liberal casting of prestidigitation [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
We've got full defenses in place and some kind of shadow abberation trying to break through. Raiko projects his thoughts onto his allies. As he does so, he draws his sword and take a defensive stance between the gate and his allies.

Can you double-back to us? I would feel better if we were together.

EDIT: [sblock=ooc]Nature 9, Religion 17[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"If the fact that a horde of zombies and a giant undead squid, that seems to live perfectly outside of the water, are ramming the only entrance- and hence the only exit- of this rock tomb, is taken into consideration, then my humble evaluation is that we are not going to be 'ok' for long". I second my comrade's suggestion. thinks Sheng back, has he takes his offensive posture again, circling his armas and crouching backwards, ready to blast anything that comes out of the door.

Redied action: If more than one enemy goes through the door, use burning spray, if only one, acid orb. Will roll accordingly when that ahppen, or you can roll for me.

renau1g

First Post
Ashir attempts to recall if he's ever heard any mention of undead/shadow squid creatures based on the brief description given to him by the others.

"Haruka, do you think you can talk this kid down? Maybe he'd be open to..uh, a female's light touch" Ashir projects, his face turning crimson at the suggestion.

[sblock=ooc]
religion (1d20 9=23) - monster knowledge check[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max Moves close to the paladin with his sword drawn and in a defensive stance. Using the stone Max states: "Stay close Sheng and Raiko as I may be calling on you to strike if I can distract the foe I engage in battle! We can defeat them if we work together!"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"If I were you honorable Max, I would not stand too close to a master of Chaos when he is ready to unleash it." suggest Sheng, as the green vapours that emanates from himself starts to coalesce before him.

OOC: Reminding you guys I'm thinking on using a close area attack that could potentially harm you. And I will not trust this guy to worry about your well being.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka blushes slightly at Ashir's suggestion, but she approaches the youth regardless. "You know, you don't need to guard us. Surely if there's a problem outside, someone of your strength would be put to better use fighting with your brothers. I know I would feel safer if I knew someone like you was protecting me," she finishes with a suggestive smile. The effect is only slightly ruined by her voice, which has become dry, hollow, and rasping.

[sblock=yeah...]Bluff 12, or 14 if he's not a jadite.[/sblock]

[sblock=CB Summary, doesn't include background benefits]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Haruka Sato, level 3
Human, Warlock
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast Constitution
Eldritch Pact: Infernal Pact

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 18, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 14.

AC: 17 Fort: 16 Reflex: 16 Will: 15
HP: 40 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +9, Intimidate +8, Insight +5, Bluff +8, Arcana +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering, Endurance +5, Heal, History +4, Nature, Perception, Stealth +2, Streetwise +3, Thievery +2, Athletics +1

FEATS
Human: Action Surge
Level 1: Improved Dark One's Blessing
Level 2: Sacrifice to Caiphon

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Dire Radiance (retrained to Eyes of the Vestige at Level 2)
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast
Warlock encounter 1: Vampiric Embrace
Warlock daily 1: Flames of Phlegethos
Warlock utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Warlock encounter 3: Fiery Bolt

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Sickle, Potion of Healing (heroic tier), Vicious Rod +1, Deathcut Leather Armor +1, Prison of Salzacas (heroic tier), Everburning Torch
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Chapel

Haruka blushes slightly at Ashir's suggestion, but she approaches the youth regardless. "You know, you don't need to guard us. Surely if there's a problem outside, someone of your strength would be put to better use fighting with your brothers. I know I would feel safer if I knew someone like you was protecting me," she finishes with a suggestive smile. The effect is only slightly ruined by her voice, which has become dry, hollow, and rasping.

[sblock=yeah...]Bluff 12, or 14 if he's not a jadite.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Insight 12, -2 to check because suggestion is hardly in his best interest. Success, right on the money. Gotta be that sweet jadite accent.[/sblock]

-''Leave you alone?'' scoffs the guard. Patrin moves inconspicuously behind the guard and raises his fist. ''Well...'' The guard hesitates and Patrin lowers his fist. ''No that wouldn't be right.'' Says the guard, causing the dragonborn to roll his eyes and raise his fist again. ''But if it would make the lady feel safer...''

Patrin makes a grimace of frustration behind the young man.

-''All right! Don't be affraid milady, stay here where it's safe.'' The guard rushes outside the Chapel to help his brethren.

-''At last. Well, you say he was lying, Haruka. Gelname, I mean. Let's explore a bit. The guys at the entrance are still sending plenty of thoughts our way so we know they aren't fighting for their lives yet!'' says Patrin with a grins.

The agents poke their head outside of the chapel, note that the way is clear and simply start walking around as if they belonged. Most cultists wear a fair amount of black with a white sword motif worked in somewhere, but it's not entirely unfiorm and the heroes have seen the odd passerby not wearing the cult's color so Patrin hopes that by acting as if they belong, they can blend in. After all, would they be this deep inside the keep if they didn't have a right to be here?

Walking fast and with a purpose, they rely on Patrin's sense of direction.

-''Yeah, I think they made us circle that area, if there is a place they didn't us to see, it's that way. Let's hurry. It sounds like it's getting serious over at the entrance.''

The find a door leading to a tunnel wide and deep. They definitely haven't been this way before. After a short walk, they reach what looks like the entrance of an underground cathedral. Except Maros holy sigils are nowhere to be seen. Instead, that ominous symbol greet the heroes.

Asmodeus_sigil.jpg

Ashir recognizes it instantly. That's Asmodeus' sigil, the prince of devils. Archenemy of the demoniac onis, to be sure, but not exactly a friendly god either. Still, it may explain why there are so many jadites in the cult. They made a pact for their homeland.

[sblock=OOC]Not that many people recognize this info on sight but I am rolling off Ashir's great religion score earlier.
[/sblock]

-''What the hell is that?'' asks Patrin, nonplussed.

But he is interrupted by Haruka who draws his attention toward the entrance. The doors are wide open. Obviously someone has left in a hurry because all the doors are open between the entrance of the cathedral and the altar, giving a clear view of three figures. One is Gelname, prostrate before the two other figures. The second is a striking jadite woman. She is tall and gorgeous, wearing a yellow and green robe. Its motifs are suspiciously similar to those worn by Sheng Zim. But the third figure is the most striking. It's a disincarnated head floating above the altar and barking instructions at the two others. It's clearly communicating from accros a great distance, probably another plane.

-''You monkeys have been careless, as usual.'' says the horned floating head.

Gelname and the lady turn around, sees the heroes a hundred feet away, and even from that distance pure fury can be seen in their eyes.

-''**** me.''

[sblock=Ashir]If the others ask, yes, that is a pit fiend. It's clearly a projection, but still...[/sblock]

Entrance

Tension rises as the battering of the door continues. Guards keep looking back hopefully.

Suddenly reinforcement arrives lead by an imposing figures wielding a large halberd.

Mordekai.jpg

-''MORDEKAI!'' a cheers rise through the guards as their champions takes position in front of the gate.

Ah. So that's Mordekai.

-''Get in position and then open the gate.'' says the fiend, flanked with elite troopers.

Relieved, the guards take a deep breath and moves backward. Except one, the suspicious jadite. He turns his eyes toward the heroes, sharing an obvious thought with them. They were not supposed to see that.

**** me.

Patrin's voice echoes in everyone's head. The sentiment seems appropriate.

---

[sblock=OOC]All right, there was a bit of auto-pilot going on, I hope it wasn't too annoying. Now the scene is set, you are back in full control. What do you do?

Hint: The bearded devil is going to win easily. Holding back to take the victor is not going to cut it. He's level 13, ya know. But right now, he is busy.

All the levels 1: Congrats, you can say that a pit fiend made an appearance in your first adventure. Woohoo!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Hell's Basement 1 on Virtual Battlemat
The entrance is room 2.

Hell's Basement 2 on Virtual Battlemat
Patrin and co are in room 1

I will enlarge these maps and add coordinates soon enough.

You can provide me with a picture to use for your character's token.

Renaug1 was the only one to answer my call and provide me a CB file of his character. Nobody else has it?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases