Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe)

dimsdale

First Post
Strike this post. Waiting for the bad guys to attack first. Didn't see Mals most recent post until after I wrote mine.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Temple

-''Sure glad I hired you...'' mumbles Patrin. ''Get back to safety!''

Patrin i still reeling from the last attack but surprise the trooper with a savant thrust, inflicting a serious wound. This gives Ashir the opportunity to safely move back.

The trooper retaliates viciously, fighting with fanaticism.

-''I hate him...''

A new archer shows up and taims for the nearest target, grazing Haruka

Entrance

The two dretches charges Raiko and put the paladin on the defensive, withering his defenses. Behind, the guard readies his crossbow.

[sblock=Actions]
Patrin
covering attack vs AC (1d20+11=24, 2d10+6=19)
save (1d20=8)

Archer 0 vs Haruka
1d20+9=28
hit for 3

Trooper vs Patrin
+2 dazed, vs AC, recharge 5-6 (1d20+10+2=31, 1d10+3=7, 1d6=3)

Two Dretches
+1 for charge, vs AC 20 Raiko (1d20+5+1=26, 2d6+2=8, 1d20+5+1=9, 2d6+2=11) 1 hit for 8. 1 miss

The Guard moves, draws and load a crossbow. That's it for the round.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Elite Trooper 0 : 18/47, press the advantage recharging
Dretch 1: 36/44

Haruka: 39/40 +3 [10/10]
Raiko: 14/25 [10/10] (In miasma aura, 2 poi
Patrin: 31/52 dazed (save ends)
Sheng 31/36
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Guards (G)
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 16; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 13
Morningstar (standard, at-will) Weapon
OA +7 vs AC; 5 damage. If another Guard is adjacent to the target, the target also falls prone.
Combat Advantage
The tough’s attack deals 1 extra damage to any target granting combat advantage to it.

Archers (A)
Perception 16
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11 ; see also mob rule
Crossbow (standard, at-will) Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +9 vs AC; 3 damage.
OA none unless they dropped the crossbow and drew a spear
Then; +7 vs AC; 2 damage.
Mob Rule:
The archer gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human archers or guards are within 5 squares of it.

Elite Troopers
Perception 16
HP 47; Bloodied 23
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
OA Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+10 vs AC; 1d10+3 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the next turn.

Dretch
Perception 11; darkvision
Sickening Miasma aura 1; each enemy within the aura takes 1 damage whenever it takes a standard action or a move action. Multiple sickening miasma auras deal cumulative damage, up to 5 damage.
HP 44; Bloodied 22
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 11
+5 vs AC; 2d6+2 damage.
[/sblock]

Hell's Basement 1 on Virtual Battlemat
Hell's Basement 2 on Virtual Battlemat

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Voda]Nothing happened to prevent your previously posted action for the round but before applying it, question:

Why did you roll +8 to attack? It should be +6, where does the extra +2 come from?

Same for damage. It should be +8, where does the extra +3 come from?

Finally, I noted that the tooth of chaos power that allowed you to treat your check as even on the previous attack is a daily... You really wanted to use that on a minion?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Ashir steps forward next to Patrin, determined to prove his worth. The lightning continues to glow brighter on his visible skin as the genasi sweeps his hand in a horizontal slash. A wave of thunder slams into the guard, nearly felling him.

"Finish him off" Ashir says to Patrin

[sblock=ooc]
Move: To current spot
Minor: n/a
Standard: Thunderwave on Guard - vs fort; thunder (1d20+4=20, 1d6+8+1d8=17) hits fort 20 for 17 thunder and no push
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 14 NAD:15/14/14
HP: 22/22 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 5 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:18 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:12 Int:18 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Chill Strike

Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Flaming Sphere
Rolling Thunder

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max rushes foward and joins the paladin in the battle. He slashes at the beast to the paladin's left. His blade plunges deep into the beast. "Hit him Raiko while his defenses are down!"

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to location shown.
minor: none
action: hammer and anvil: 1d20+8 vs reflex: 21 for 1d8+4=10

and Raiko gets to make a basic melee attack against the target as a free action, getting an additional +4 damage on a succesful hit.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Yes. . .evil . . Is all Raiko thinks in response to Sheng. Encouraged by his allies, he makes two quick attacks vs one of the demons, his sword lighting up with radiant energy.

[sblock=ooc]I think Mal wanted you to roll my Basic Attacks when you grant them. I'll go ahead for now.

BA vs Dretch. 18 vs AC, Hit. 8 damage (I typed +4 instead of +5 on the roll) and +4 from Max, so 12 damage.

Standard: Holy Strike vs Dretch. Take 2 damage from Aura. 26 vs AC, Hit, 13 radiant damage.
Minor: Divine Challenge on Dretch

I was considering using an AP, but I'm not sure if the Dretch is still alive.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 ()
Init: +0; P.Insight: 18; P.Perception: 13
AC: 20; Fort: 16; Reflex: 13; Will: 14
HP: 12/25; Surges: 6 hp, 10/10
AP: 1

Skills: History +6, Insight +8, Intimidate +8, Religion +4
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 20, Con: 10, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Paladin's Judgement[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: right guys...my bad. I'll adjust the post. Nope...Scorpius beat me to it.

ooc: dretch to the right has 35 points damage by my calucuations. Max will use his AP now.

[sblock=dretch stats from previous mal post]

Dretch
Perception 11; darkvision
Sickening Miasma aura 1; each enemy within the aura takes 1 damage whenever it takes a standard action or a move action. Multiple sickening miasma auras deal cumulative damage, up to 5 damage.
HP 44; Bloodied 22
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 11
+5 vs AC; 2d6+2 damage.
[/sblock]

ooc: Using an AP in the presence of Max

[sblock=Bravura Presence]
When an ally I see spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hit, the ally can choose to make a basic attack or a move action as a free action after the AP action. If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.
[/sblock]

Max's, with a surge of power from his last attack, goes in for the kill. However, the beast moves out of the way at the last second from the would be lethal blow. "Damn it! (frustrated by his missed attack. He then shouts) Raiko, we've got to take one of them down now or we're in for a world of hurt!"

[sblock=AP]
attack: brash assault: 1d20+8 vs AC: 12 misses
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Adverse Condition: none
Initiative: +4
Max - Human Bravura Warlord
*Passive Insight 12
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses Normal
*HP 22
*Bloodied 22 Surge Value 5; Surges Per-Day 7
*AC =18
*Fortitude 16 Reflex 15 Will 13 Speed 5
*action Points: 1
*Second Wind: 1
Powers
*At will:
Commander's Strike
Brash Assault
Opening Shove
*Encounter:
Inspiring Word x 2k
Battle Awareness
Hammer and Anvil USED
*Daily
Concentrated Attack
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I still hadn't applied Voda's attack that he did in prevision of being away for the weekend because I am wondering about the numbers (there are unnacounted for bonus to hit and damage from my perspective) but he still hits. And even though I am not sure where the the +11 of damage comes, he forgot to add the critical damage bonus.

Since both attack hit anyway, I applied it:

crit (1d8=5)

18+5=23

Of course, he would have targeted the wounded Dretch1 and splashed damage on Dretch 0

Dretch 1: 11/44
Dretch 0: 35/44

Then Max came in and slayed Dretch 1 with hammer and anvil, with Raiko's help, and Max took 2 points of damage because of dual miasma aura.

Raiko then attacked Dretch 0 instead and took 1 point of damage.

Presumably, Max didn't use an AP since one dretch was down and he was unlikly to kill the other.

That mess is partly my fault for not factoring the attack immediately, but for future reference, whenever your attacks are higher than your baseline in your wiki or CB sheet, I want to know why. Mention it in the action post. Next time I will immediately apply the reduced values instead of waiting for an explanation.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Elite Trooper 0 : 1/47, press the advantage recharging
Dretch 1: DEAD/44
Dretch 0: 22/44

Haruka: 39/40 +3 [10/10]
Max: 20/22 [7/7]
Raiko: 13/25 [10/10]
Patrin: 31/52 dazed (save ends)
Sheng 31/36
[/sblock]

[sblock=25% of the way...]Oh, and by the way, with the death of the next dretch and elite trooper, the level 1s will be 25% of the way to level 2!

I keep a counter of total monster XP on excel and the value multiplied by 2 and divided by 6 is alreay passed the 250 xp mark.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases