Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Gelname is reeling from Ashir's spell but still drops down to the ground floor and charges Haruka. She bears the assault well.

Then Lana... takes flight. Hairs wild, eyes murderous, she stares at the group as she floats over the room, power incarnate.

-''You have made your last mistake. You call yourself jadites? I will save our homeland while your soul wither with that of the other traitors in Diyu!''

With a wave of her hand, a fiery bolt strikes Haruka in the chest while Patrin raises his shield in time to deflect a creepy black tendril going for his throat. Lana means business!

The Spined devil cackles at the sight of his mistress' displays of power and also takes flight. He circles around Raiko and sends a volley of poisoned spines. A few make it through his armor.

The archer is inspired and also scores a hit against Patrin.

When it seems things can't get worst, two little imps appears out of thin air to harass the spellcasters, Ashir and Sheng! Sheng miraculously dodge the attack while Ashir get stabbed in the arm. He feels the poison resist its influence and stays focused on the fight.

[sblock=Actions]
Gelname:
Charge:
Falling damage minus acrobatic free check (1d10-((1d20+2)/2)=-6.0) no damage
charge vs Haruka AC (1d20+11+1-2=21, 1d10+5=6) hit for nearly squat.

Seriously? 6? When you have 7 thp? I can't help the feeling that Haruka has a been a lot luckier then, say, Max or Raiko when I rolled against her over the course of the adventure. Sure, she's tough, but still!

As an aside; charging with reach weapon is annoying. You don't end the turn in contact with your target who can then freely leave. I better appreaciate the seemingly weak feat that allows a reach weapon wielder to follow through.

Lana:
She flies. Wee!
Fly: To present location, 3 square in the air (basically, she is still level with the balcony and can't go higher due to the ceiling)
Minor: Eldritch Gaze vs Haruka(Let's remediate to Gelname not being able to fully engage!)
vs Haruka Will (1d20+10=21)
Immobilized TENT
Attack:
1:Fire bolt vs Haruka's reflex 2:Draining bolt vs Patrin's fortitude (1d20+10-2=18, 2d6+4=15, 1d20+10=13, 1d8+4=9) hits Haruka, misses Pat

Spined Devil:
Move: Flies to present location
Standard: Rain of spines
vs Raiko's reflex; secondary vs For (1d20+9=16, 1d10=6, 1d20+9=19) hit and then hit, 6 damage and poisoned/slow

Archer:
Move TPL
Standard vs Patrin
1d20+9=25, 1d10+4=11 hit

2 Imps
1:Sheng 2:Ashir, Tail sting, vs AC, Secondary vs For, (1d20+8+2=14, 1d8+3=4, 1d20+5=21)

Forgot to ask for 2 sets of roll. So Sheng is missed and...
vs Ashir (1d20+8+2=22, 1d8+3=4, 1d20+5=12) Ashir is hit but not poisoned
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats&Status]
Archer South: Dead/38
Gelname: 67/106 Dazed

Haruka: 31 /46 [7/10] Immobilized
Max: 26/32 [0/7]
Raiko: 32 (27)/41 [3/12] AP used, poisoned and slowed (save ends)
Patrin: 41/52 [5/11]
Sheng 35/42 [2/8]
Ashir: 22/26 [1/7] Ap used

Lana
Perception 20
HP 102; Bloodied 51
AC 19; Fortitude 17, Reflex 19, Will 20
OA (standard, at-will)
+12 vs AC; 1d4+2 damage.

Gelname
Perception 17
HP 106; Bloodied 53 ; see also true fanatic
AC 22; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 18
OA Halberd (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 1d10 + 5 damage, and the target is marked until the end of Gelname’s next turn.
True Fanatic (when captain warrik drops to 0 hit points; requires a halberd, )
Targets enemies; Close blast 2; +9 vs AC; 2d10 + 5 damage, and the target is pushed 1 square.

Spined Devil (Spinagon)
Perception 20; darkvision
HP 70; Bloodied 35
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 16
Resist 20 fire
OA Claws (standard, at-will)
+11 vs AC; 2d6+4 damage.

Human Cultist Archer
Perception 18
HP 38; Bloodied 19
AC 17; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 13
Speed 6
OA Longsword (If drawn, standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 1d8+2 damage.

IMP
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 17; Fortitude 15, Refl ex 15, Will 15
Resist 15 fire
Speed 4, fly 6 (hover)
OA Bite (standard; at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 1d6 + 1 damage.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Storm the circle 2.jpg
    Storm the circle 2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 80

dimsdale

First Post
Max sees and opprotunity and goes for it. Racing behind the imp attacking Ashir, Max makes a calcuated swing, plunging his sword into its back. The attack causes minor damage, but draws the imps attention. "Come'n ya ugly piece of crap, try to hit me!" Max states in a taunting voice. The imp, in a fit of rage, attacks Max, hitting for minor damage. "Now Ashir, hit'm!" However, Ashir's staff misses.

ooc: what is Ashir's basic attack? I had him swing his staff. Can he use something else when Max uses Brash assault?

[sblock=action]
move to f4
brash attack against imp: 1d20+9+2 vs AC: 22 for 1d8+5=6
imp attack: 1d20+7+2=19 hitting for 2
Ashir attack: 14 vs ac: misses
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Does he even have a staff? He is using a tome of magic.

*check*

Yeah, he seem to have a staff as melee weapon.

I occurs to me that there might be something wrong with that; the quarterstaff is a two handed weapon. Doesn't he need a free hand to wield the tome as an implement?

PS: Dimsdale, you linked the wrong check for Ashir's free attack and since you didn't label the roll with your name or anything, I can't look for it. Try to at least include your name. Now I can't see if you correctly used 1d20+7+2;1d8+4, for example (Which is, it occurs to me, pretty buff for a wizard!)

EDIT: I might have tracked it down with the name Ashir. Huh. Please use your own name, it's less confusing!

EDIT 2: No matter how surprisingly good Ashir's basic attacks are, it's still better to use the 5 square clause and use Sheng or Haruka.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Dark One's Own Luck]Haruka has been very lucky this adventure, both with her rolls and rolls against her. As ren can attest, this has not always been the case. Also, the minion sweeping part of the first encounter let her go pretty far without getting significantly hurt, which is why currently she nearly has more surges than the rest of the party combined.[/sblock]

Haruka yelps in pain as fire rains down upon her, but she quickly recovers. She weaves her fingers through the flames, her digits leaving shadowy trails that wrap and bind the fires, pulling them into Haruka's hands. She looks at Lana.

"You know, some other witch once told me that attacking her would be my last mistake. Of course, I'm still here, and she isn't. So I think I'll tell you what I told her."

At this Haruka throws the bound flames at Gelname. The shadows unravel, lashing across both Haruka and Gelname before the latter is also consumed by the flame. Haruka grins up at the flying cultist. Her expression is manic, her eyes wild and blazing. The two almost look like they could be twins in madness.

"Don't flatter yourself! I plan on living to make many more mistakes after this!"

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Curse Gelname
Move->Minor: Designate Gelname as Prey, gaining +2 to attack and damage rolls against him TENT.
Action Point: Flames of Phlegethos Gelname. Hits Reflex 20 for 26 fire damage, 5 untyped, and 5 ongoing fire damage.
Granted attack from Max: Eldritch Blast Gelname. Hits Reflex 21 for 9 damage.
Standard: Vampiric Embrace Gelname. Boo, only hit Will 15. Take 1 point of damage to not lose the power.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human warlock 4
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 11 | Passive Insight: 17
AC: 18 | For: 18
| Ref: 18 | Will: 17
HP: 30/46 | Bloodied: 23 | Surge value: 11 | Surges: 7/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d6 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas

Conditions:
Immobile[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ashir's MBA can't be used right now due to wielding the tome, carrying the staff in one hand. Therefore he's ineligible to have made the attack. [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
The reason you can't find Ashir's attack roll is because I put Max followed by some code for Ashir. Now I can't remember what I used. For now on I'll only use the character's name.

Also, can everyone give me their basic attack so that I can file it so I don't have to go looking for it everytime I used that power? Thank you.

Finally, Mal, since Ashir was not able to make an attack in the first place, can I substitute someone else with in 5 squares, such as Haruka. :) The attack roll was 1d20+7+2 (flank) = 14, which means that the actual dice roll wsa a 5. Maybe Haurka's attack stat bonuses and not attacking vs ac will hit.
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Raiko feels the poison seep into his veins, tightening up his muscles. With the devil out of reach of his sword, but very close to the witch he summons up some poison of his own expelling it as a cloud before him. It's not enough to cleanse his system but he does he strengthened in part.

[sblock=ooc]
Raiko takes 5 ongoing poison damage.
Move: to C11
Standard: Dragon Breathe 18 vs Spiny Devil's Reflex, 21 vs Lana's, both hit, 7 Poison damage.
Minor: Virtue. Raiko spends a healing surge and gains 12 thp
Save: Fail
[/sblock]

[sblock=Basic Attack]
Sword (right now and most of the time): 1d20+9;1d10+5 vs AC
Sling: 1d20+3;1d6[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 (poisoned and slowed (save ends))
Init: +1; P.Insight: 20; P.Perception: 14
AC: 21; Fort: 16; Reflex: 14; Will: 15
HP: 27/41 +12 thp; Surges: 12 hp, 2/12
AcP: 1
AdP: 0
Potions: 2

Magic Oil: +1 to hit and dame with bastard sword attacks.

Skills: History +7, Insight +10, Intimidate +9, Religion +5
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 18, Con: 15, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (1/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Virtue, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Paladin's Judgement[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
**Retcon**
As the imp moves next to Ashir, the genasi turns into a ball of fire, similar in appearance to his flaming sphere, and shifts away from the imp. He remains in this form for a few more seconds before returning to his regular appearance.

As the flames coalesce into the genasi wizard he has already moved the sphere next to Gelname and the heat is nearly overwhelming as he burns from Ashir and Haruka's combined blaze.

[sblock=ooc]
*Immediate Reaction to Imp moving next to Ashir - Moonstride - shift to J5 and insubstantial TENT

Minor: Sustain Sphere
Move: Move sphere to G12
Standard: Attack Gelname with Flaming Sphere - vs ref (incl. CA); fire damage (1d20+6+2=20, 2d6+9=20) hits for 20 fire damage[/url]

*At start of Gelname next turn he takes fire damage (1d4+9=13) 13 more fire damage.

Between Haruka's 40 damage + Ashir's 20 = 60 damage + he takes 13 fire damage at start of turn + 5 ongoing from Haruka = 78 damage by start of his turn = dead Gelname.
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +1 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 13
AC: 18 NAD:16/15/15
HP: 26/26 Surges: 1/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:18 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:12 Int:18 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Chill Strike
Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Moonstride (Shield)
Fey Step (from Tome)
Flaming Sphere
Rolling Thunder

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Damn.

"How I hate litle demons." he mutters, and dances around the fiend, evading it's attacks. The monk sprints next to Max.
"Somehow I find that it is rather clever to have you nearby warrior." he comments, before shifting his attention to the flying Lana.

"Ha ha I find you amusing Lana, it is impressive how have you fall into corruption. Flying amongst demons you proclaim to be a true Jadite? You are no more than a demon spawn, your mind twisted by these fiends." In Sheng's palm, as small chromed orb of shifting colors begins to grow, shinning brightly, as it's color shift from red to green to silver, to blue and yellow. As it grows, Sheng's face contorts from his confident face to an angry looking face, showing his teeth, as the effort to control the power he had unleashed was huge. He finally raises the orb above his head, and in an elegant motion, he hurls it to Lana. The now red orb swings in the air, spinning until it crashes with the woman from he Zin clan, releasing the elemental chaos of fire over her, bathing her in flames. After that, the sorceror waves his hands around him, summoning the green mist that goes with him everywhere. This time it forms a thick fog that obscures the monk.
He follows with a quick sap of his hand, sending part of the green mist towards Lana. The mist burns her skin like flesh-eating acid

Move to D4.
Imp AoO: Miss
Chromatic orb vs Lana: 22 vs ref, hits for 20 fire dmg and adjacent enemies take 3 fire dmg.
Minor: Deep Shroud: heavy obscure Sheng's square and the adjacent ones.
Bravura basic attack vs Lana: 25 vs ref for 16 dmg
36 total dmg.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases