D&D 4th Edition Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe) - Page 4




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 481
  1. #31
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Malenkirk View Post
    The Chapel
    He then looks in confusion to Haruka and Ashir.

    -''They stay here!'' Gelname snaps at a nearby cultist who was performing maintenance duties in the chapel. ''I'll be back soon.'' he then rushes out of the chapel.

    -''Uh... yes sir!'' says the cultist, a young man in his late teens. He takes a very serious stance, arms crossed, in front of the heroes, determined to carry out his orders. Patrin's jaw hangs open as he looks at the kid.

    -''Are you ****ing kidding me?''
    Ashir just shrugs to Patrin as their host stares at the wall, but his face turns to concern as the man rushes out. The genasi's thoughts instantly turn to his allies, "Are you ok? Gelname just ran out of here and it seemed like trouble." Ashir thought, hoping to transmit the thoughts.

    Looking at the young man, Ashir opens his left hand and a small ball of flames appears, then he opens his right and a crackling ball of lightning appears. "Be wary of those you would attempt to cage young man, not all of us will take it well" as he closes his hands and the effects are snuffed out.

    ooc

    Just a liberal casting of prestidigitation

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    We've got full defenses in place and some kind of shadow abberation trying to break through. Raiko projects his thoughts onto his allies. As he does so, he draws his sword and take a defensive stance between the gate and his allies.

    Can you double-back to us? I would feel better if we were together.

    EDIT:
    Last edited by ScorpiusRisk; Tuesday, 9th March, 2010 at 04:31 AM.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #33
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,002

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    "If the fact that a horde of zombies and a giant undead squid, that seems to live perfectly outside of the water, are ramming the only entrance- and hence the only exit- of this rock tomb, is taken into consideration, then my humble evaluation is that we are not going to be 'ok' for long". I second my comrade's suggestion. thinks Sheng back, has he takes his offensive posture again, circling his armas and crouching backwards, ready to blast anything that comes out of the door.

    Redied action: If more than one enemy goes through the door, use burning spray, if only one, acid orb. Will roll accordingly when that ahppen, or you can roll for me.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #34
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Ashir attempts to recall if he's ever heard any mention of undead/shadow squid creatures based on the brief description given to him by the others.

    "Haruka, do you think you can talk this kid down? Maybe he'd be open to..uh, a female's light touch" Ashir projects, his face turning crimson at the suggestion.

    ooc

    religion (1d20 9=23) - monster knowledge check

  • #35
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Max Moves close to the paladin with his sword drawn and in a defensive stance. Using the stone Max states: "Stay close Sheng and Raiko as I may be calling on you to strike if I can distract the foe I engage in battle! We can defeat them if we work together!"
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #36
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,002

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    "If I were you honorable Max, I would not stand too close to a master of Chaos when he is ready to unleash it." suggest Sheng, as the green vapours that emanates from himself starts to coalesce before him.

    OOC: Reminding you guys I'm thinking on using a close area attack that could potentially harm you. And I will not trust this guy to worry about your well being.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #37
    Haruka blushes slightly at Ashir's suggestion, but she approaches the youth regardless. "You know, you don't need to guard us. Surely if there's a problem outside, someone of your strength would be put to better use fighting with your brothers. I know I would feel safer if I knew someone like you was protecting me," she finishes with a suggestive smile. The effect is only slightly ruined by her voice, which has become dry, hollow, and rasping.

    yeah...
    Bluff 12, or 14 if he's not a jadite.


    CB Summary, doesn't include background benefits
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Haruka Sato, level 3
    Human, Warlock
    Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast Constitution
    Eldritch Pact: Infernal Pact

    FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 18, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 14.

    STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 14.


    AC: 17 Fort: 16 Reflex: 16 Will: 15
    HP: 40 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 10

    TRAINED SKILLS
    Religion +9, Intimidate +8, Insight +5, Bluff +8, Arcana +9

    UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +2, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering, Endurance +5, Heal, History +4, Nature, Perception, Stealth +2, Streetwise +3, Thievery +2, Athletics +1

    FEATS
    Human: Action Surge
    Level 1: Improved Dark One's Blessing
    Level 2: Sacrifice to Caiphon

    POWERS
    Bonus At-Will Power: Dire Radiance (retrained to Eyes of the Vestige at Level 2)
    Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast
    Warlock encounter 1: Vampiric Embrace
    Warlock daily 1: Flames of Phlegethos
    Warlock utility 2: Ethereal Stride
    Warlock encounter 3: Fiery Bolt

    ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit, Sickle, Potion of Healing (heroic tier), Vicious Rod +1, Deathcut Leather Armor +1, Prison of Salzacas (heroic tier), Everburning Torch
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

  • #38
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    "Got it" Max moves back to the left of the sorcerer, ready to pounce after he has unleased his spell.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #39
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Raiko will also reposition himself to the side of the sorcerer though he grunts his disapproval at having to move back.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #40
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Chapel

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBarking View Post
    Haruka blushes slightly at Ashir's suggestion, but she approaches the youth regardless. "You know, you don't need to guard us. Surely if there's a problem outside, someone of your strength would be put to better use fighting with your brothers. I know I would feel safer if I knew someone like you was protecting me," she finishes with a suggestive smile. The effect is only slightly ruined by her voice, which has become dry, hollow, and rasping.

    yeah...
    Bluff 12, or 14 if he's not a jadite.
    OOC
    Insight 12, -2 to check because suggestion is hardly in his best interest. Success, right on the money. Gotta be that sweet jadite accent.


    -''Leave you alone?'' scoffs the guard. Patrin moves inconspicuously behind the guard and raises his fist. ''Well...'' The guard hesitates and Patrin lowers his fist. ''No that wouldn't be right.'' Says the guard, causing the dragonborn to roll his eyes and raise his fist again. ''But if it would make the lady feel safer...''

    Patrin makes a grimace of frustration behind the young man.

    -''All right! Don't be affraid milady, stay here where it's safe.'' The guard rushes outside the Chapel to help his brethren.

    -''At last. Well, you say he was lying, Haruka. Gelname, I mean. Let's explore a bit. The guys at the entrance are still sending plenty of thoughts our way so we know they aren't fighting for their lives yet!'' says Patrin with a grins.

    The agents poke their head outside of the chapel, note that the way is clear and simply start walking around as if they belonged. Most cultists wear a fair amount of black with a white sword motif worked in somewhere, but it's not entirely unfiorm and the heroes have seen the odd passerby not wearing the cult's color so Patrin hopes that by acting as if they belong, they can blend in. After all, would they be this deep inside the keep if they didn't have a right to be here?

    Walking fast and with a purpose, they rely on Patrin's sense of direction.

    -''Yeah, I think they made us circle that area, if there is a place they didn't us to see, it's that way. Let's hurry. It sounds like it's getting serious over at the entrance.''

    The find a door leading to a tunnel wide and deep. They definitely haven't been this way before. After a short walk, they reach what looks like the entrance of an underground cathedral. Except Maros holy sigils are nowhere to be seen. Instead, that ominous symbol greet the heroes.



    Ashir recognizes it instantly. That's Asmodeus' sigil, the prince of devils. Archenemy of the demoniac onis, to be sure, but not exactly a friendly god either. Still, it may explain why there are so many jadites in the cult. They made a pact for their homeland.

    OOC
    Not that many people recognize this info on sight but I am rolling off Ashir's great religion score earlier.


    -''What the hell is that?'' asks Patrin, nonplussed.

    But he is interrupted by Haruka who draws his attention toward the entrance. The doors are wide open. Obviously someone has left in a hurry because all the doors are open between the entrance of the cathedral and the altar, giving a clear view of three figures. One is Gelname, prostrate before the two other figures. The second is a striking jadite woman. She is tall and gorgeous, wearing a yellow and green robe. Its motifs are suspiciously similar to those worn by Sheng Zim. But the third figure is the most striking. It's a disincarnated head floating above the altar and barking instructions at the two others. It's clearly communicating from accros a great distance, probably another plane.



    -''You monkeys have been careless, as usual.'' says the horned floating head.

    Gelname and the lady turn around, sees the heroes a hundred feet away, and even from that distance pure fury can be seen in their eyes.

    -''**** me.''

    Ashir
    If the others ask, yes, that is a pit fiend. It's clearly a projection, but still...


    Entrance

    Tension rises as the battering of the door continues. Guards keep looking back hopefully.

    Suddenly reinforcement arrives lead by an imposing figures wielding a large halberd.



    -''MORDEKAI!'' a cheers rise through the guards as their champions takes position in front of the gate.

    Ah. So that's Mordekai.

    -''Get in position and then open the gate.'' says the fiend, flanked with elite troopers.

    Relieved, the guards take a deep breath and moves backward. Except one, the suspicious jadite. He turns his eyes toward the heroes, sharing an obvious thought with them. They were not supposed to see that.

    **** me.

    Patrin's voice echoes in everyone's head. The sentiment seems appropriate.

    ---

    OOC
    All right, there was a bit of auto-pilot going on, I hope it wasn't too annoying. Now the scene is set, you are back in full control. What do you do?

    Hint: The bearded devil is going to win easily. Holding back to take the victor is not going to cut it. He's level 13, ya know. But right now, he is busy.

    All the levels 1: Congrats, you can say that a pit fiend made an appearance in your first adventure. Woohoo!


    Maps

    Hell's Basement 1 on Virtual Battlemat
    The entrance is room 2.

    Hell's Basement 2 on Virtual Battlemat
    Patrin and co are in room 1

    I will enlarge these maps and add coordinates soon enough.

    You can provide me with a picture to use for your character's token.

    Renaug1 was the only one to answer my call and provide me a CB file of his character. Nobody else has it?
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Tuesday, 9th March, 2010 at 08:12 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1008
      Last Post: Wednesday, 25th August, 2010, 06:26 AM
    2. Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )
      By Mal Malenkirk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 589
      Last Post: Monday, 11th January, 2010, 02:51 AM
    3. The Closed Eye, part II (DM: covaithe, Judge: garyh)
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 498
      Last Post: Monday, 7th December, 2009, 09:39 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM
    5. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •