D&D 4th Edition Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe) - Page 8





+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 481
  1. #71
    "Errr...well I never used my magic against them directly, I was...intelligence for the missions, aiding with my knowledge of Oni and their tactics." Ashir thinks through the stone as he gestures at the guard and a ray of white energy flies out of the orb, but misses its target. Ice crystals form on the walls behind him.

    ooc

    Minor: n/a
    Move: To current spot
    Standard: Chill Strike on Guard - vs fort; cold (1d20 4=11, 2d8 8=17) yeah...no

    *Well...not a good start for Ashir's combat abilities...


    L4W Ashir

    Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
    AC: 14 NAD:15/14/14
    HP: 22/22 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 5 AP: 1
    Languages: Common, Primordial
    Str:18 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:12 Int:18 Cha:8

    Powers:
    Cantrips
    Scorching Burst
    Thunderwave
    Burning Hands
    Chill Strike

    Promise of Storms
    Second Wind
    Tome of Readiness
    Flaming Sphere
    Rolling Thunder

    Full Character Sheet

 

  • #72
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Raiko slide his feet forward. He locks eyes with the adjacent guard and then slashes out cutting him cleanly across his torso.

    Go! Make you're way back to the others. I will cover our retreat and catch up to you.


    ooc
    Move: Raiko shifts to the right, to engaged both the remaining guard and the archer in melee.
    Minor: Divine Challenge on Guard 3.
    Standard: Valiant Strike on Guard 17 vs AC, Kills


    Stat Block
    Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 ()
    Init: +0; P.Insight: 18; P.Perception: 13
    AC: 20; Fort: 16; Reflex: 13; Will: 14
    HP: 25/25; Surges: 6 hp, 10/10
    AP: 1

    Skills: History +6, Insight +8, Intimidate +8, Religion +4
    Languages: Common, Draconic
    Str: 20, Con: 10, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

    Sling Bullets: 20/20

    Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
    Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
    Paladin's Judgement
    Last edited by ScorpiusRisk; Friday, 12th March, 2010 at 03:39 AM.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #73
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,847

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    Sheng makes a face "By your description and the fact she wants to end our lives so swiftly, it seems that it must be Lana, a sound opponent of mine. Such a disgrace, I would have hoped she had drown in the shipwreck. Be weary of her prowess, you are facing a woman that has given everything to fight the onis, her family, her sanity, and for what I am beholding now, her soul. Do not hesitate if you have a chance to slice her heart in two, this world will be indeed better without her fanatical presence." sends Sheng, even as he waves his hands in the air. Air around the sorceror seems to become thick, heavier, as he focuses the entropy around him. He looks intently at the archer, and utters foul words in jadite.
    "Your soul will flow like a river to the ocean of Chaos." as he pronounces these words, a green cloud of smoke emanates from his mouth, an takes the shape of a skull, that as soon as Sheng finishes his statement, howls and fly towards the archer, sinking in his body. The terrified man grabs his head, as the sees before his eyes a colossal Sheng, grabbing his helpless figure and tearing apart his arms and legs, and finally munches his head off. He screams to get out of the nightmare, but it is too late. The man's arms hang lose at his sides, and he first falls to his knees, eyes fixed in the sorcerer, and then to the ground, lifeless.
    "The Balance has been served." Sheng states, as he turns around, and shouts over his shoulder "Quickly, leave those fools to their fate, we must get out of here." before disappearing through the corridor.


    Chaos Bolt: 13 vz archer will for 20 dmg
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #74
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,847

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    OOC: Lol Scorpion! Target the guards, I picked the archer first but took to much time to write up! Besides I targeted the archer because of it's low will, not sure if I hit a guard with that roll.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #75
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    OOC: You would have hit the guard, but so would I. I'll edit to change the target. I did the same thing with dimsdale. Started typing only to find out he had posted.

    Edit: I had targeted the Archer so you could move on to the next room without being shot at. I was trying to cover your exit.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #76
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Dimsdale
    I specifically touched on brash attack when I talked about rules.

    Tssk. I am so disapointed.

    Always assume the opponents take the free attack against you unless I state otherwise (Right now, the archers have no melee weapons, for example).

    You roll both the opponent and your allies attacks (so check their wiki and take notes).

  • #77
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Max follows Sheng, still cringing from the terrifying attack the sorcerer applied to the guard...err...archer...which ever one it was.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #78
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,847

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiusRisk View Post
    Edit: I had targeted the Archer so you could move on to the next room without being shot at. I was trying to cover your exit.
    OOC: I know you love me, you don't have to cover my retreat for me to notice (?)
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #79
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Dimsdale
    Did you run to go that far?

  • #80
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Temple

    Patron sees mystical bolts flying over his head and missing the trooper. He turns to see both arcanist retreating.

    -''Oh you gotta be kidding me!''

    In frustration he steps forward, slashes accross the guards, putting him on his heels.

    Meanwhile, a guards rushes out from the temple and engages Haruka, supported by an archer. Haruka manages to confuses them enough with her otherworldy shadow walk to fend off their attacks.

    The elite guard retaliates even more violently and staggers Patrin.

    Entrance

    Suddenly the doors opens in front of Sheng. A surprised guard hesitates a moment and then takes a swing at Sheng and scores a grazing hit.

    But behind him is a far more alarming sight. Two small, barely three feet high humanoid beasts are being pushed forward by a handler using a ten feet pole hooked on weird collars.



    The sight would be almost comical if sheng did not recognize these things. Dretches, the lowliest of the onis. Apparently this cult isn't above using their own enemies as fodder. It is obvious the beasts are just meant to be released in the midst of enemies.

    Looking at the heroes, the handler frowns but Gelname (and tao before dying) must have been efficient in spreading information. Understanding dawning on the handler, he releases the Dretches and moves back, shouting an order. The slavering beasts, looking even more mindless than usual for their kind, look wildly at sheng with wild anticipation.

    -''Wait, no!'' shouts in alarm the guard engaged with sheng.

    Actions

    Patrin
    Resolute shield vs AC (1d20+11=25, 1d10+6=10), hit, marked

    vs Haruka
    1:archer 2:Guard (1d20+9=18, 1d20+7=18) Miss, miss

    Elite vs Patrin
    Presse the advantage vs AC, recharge 5-6 (1d20+10=24, 1d10+7=16, 1d6=3)

    Patrin has resist 2 to this attack (Reso. shield)

    Guard vs Sheng
    1d20+7=25
    5 damage


    Status

    Elite Trooper 0 : 37/47, press the advantage recharging

    Haruka: 39/40 [10/10]
    Raiko: 22/25 [10/10]
    Patrin: 38/52 dazed (save ends)
    Sheng 31/36

    PS: Tiny black W token means shadow walk in effect. Tiny purple H means cursed by Haruka. Little green R token means marked by Raiko while the red P means marked by Patrin.

    I encourage you to use those relating to your PC!



    Stats

    Guards (G)
    Perception 11
    HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
    AC 16; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 13
    Morningstar (standard, at-will) Weapon
    OA +7 vs AC; 5 damage. If another Guard is adjacent to the target, the target also falls prone.
    Combat Advantage
    The tough’s attack deals 1 extra damage to any target granting combat advantage to it.

    Archers (A)
    Perception 16
    HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
    AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11 ; see also mob rule
    Crossbow (standard, at-will) Weapon
    Ranged 15/30; +9 vs AC; 3 damage.
    OA none unless they dropped the crossbow and drew a spear
    Then; +7 vs AC; 2 damage.
    Mob Rule:
    The archer gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human archers or guards are within 5 squares of it.

    Elite Troopers
    Perception 16
    HP 47; Bloodied 23
    AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
    OA Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
    +10 vs AC; 1d10+3 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the next turn.

    Dretch
    Perception 11; darkvision
    Sickening Miasma aura 1; each enemy within the aura takes 1 damage whenever it takes a standard action or a move action. Multiple sickening miasma auras deal cumulative damage, up to 5 damage.
    HP 44; Bloodied 22
    AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 11
    +5 vs AC; 2d6+2 damage.
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Friday, 12th March, 2010 at 05:51 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1008
      Last Post: Wednesday, 25th August, 2010, 06:26 AM
    2. Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )
      By Mal Malenkirk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 589
      Last Post: Monday, 11th January, 2010, 02:51 AM
    3. The Closed Eye, part II (DM: covaithe, Judge: garyh)
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 498
      Last Post: Monday, 7th December, 2009, 09:39 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM
    5. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •