Sapiento's Cartography Area

Sapiento

Explorer
The idea for the map came actually from another map (first one below) I did for a map challenge at www.alternatehistory.com.
This map was some kind of successor. The civilization collapsed and thousand and more years later it is again on a medieval/renaissance level. This was possibly only after the orbital combat satellites ran low on fuel in their reactors - they had beamed down any sign of technology for hundreds of years.
But there are still areas with ancient technology, where robots and old drones roam the landscape. Many areas are forbidden, they have been no-go zones because of radioactivity. Even if they are more or less clean now, mutant animals, plants and people live there and you better don't go there without an army as support.
The main political power is the Empire of Texarado. It has some vassals and allies. Most states follow the Church of Redemptive Unity.
Sometimes there is contact with Yurop or Asha by merchant ships, even Stralia is visited now more frequently.

I made also another map, the Duchy of Lando (second one). Use the links to see the large version.

Post_Apocalyptic_North_America_by_Sapiento.png

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/039/7/a/Post_Apocalyptic_North_America_by_Sapiento.png

Duchy_of_Lando_by_Sapiento.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/023/4/4/Duchy_of_Lando_by_Sapiento.jpg

JustinianPS

First Post
I'm intrigued by the post-apocalyptic North America. Was that for a game or was it just something you decided to do? Is it part of the same group as the alternate history?

Sapiento

Explorer
I'm intrigued by the post-apocalyptic North America. Was that for a game or was it just something you decided to do? Is it part of the same group as the alternate history?

Thank you. It was just an idea I had. Noramerika and Lando belong the the same AH concept. I have a vague idea of Australia for this setting, but I'm relatively short on time for personal things at the moment.

Wow - each one of your maps is a work of art! B-)

Thank you. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases