Discussion: Use of Google Spreadsheets in Place of Wiki Character Sheets

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Sure. Or we could even keep a separate sheet of them so we're not updating the default sheet everytime someone thinks of something clever.
I like this. Have the default blank power blocks with all the fields (hit/miss/effect/special/aftereffect/etc...) on that sheet too, so it's easier to insert a new power with a format different from the ones on your sheet, even if it is conventional.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Some to consider (not sure how difficult to do as I haven't played with Google Sheets): Have a two tab sheet. On the first is an LEB-like summary. Provide a small template to fill out, but it (probably won't) fill in the numbers. The second tab is like what we already have. The idea is, someone will use the second tab to get the numbers right then Put the summary into the first. It is a little double counting, but it speeds up reading the sheet by the DM/player when they just need to find out one thing.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Has anyone successfully added a tab in google docs? I'm not sure how to do this.

EDIT: Also, speaking of LEB. I roughly finished my cleric/monk. Amira

I believe that reflects all the changes I've made to sheet.

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
What we could consider doing is create two sheets on each character sheet. One will hold all the fields and totals, the other will be a reference sheet with the actual math. Then use the built in Google Functions to reference another sheet to fill in the totals.

This would make the main sheet easier to read and still retain the ease of math checking we are looking for. I haven't done it, but I've seen it done in some the sheets we've used for various tournaments on another site I frequent.

What does everyone think? I'll try to get an example up by the end of this weekend if no one beats me to it.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Just finished up a hybrid of my own. r1 should recognize his nemesis: Sohen, changeling beguiler.

Edit: Anyone know of anything like shiftweave from 3.5 in 4E? It changes the appearance of clothing.

Dunamin

First Post
Anyone know of anything like shiftweave from 3.5 in 4E? It changes the appearance of clothing.
I've seen magic armor in 4E (including clothing) that can change appearance, seem like you wear no armor, or be summoned and dismissed on command. Can't remember the names, though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases