Discussion: Use of Google Spreadsheets in Place of Wiki Character Sheets

Mewness

First Post
I may have mistook the intention. I was thinking about powers like the warlock's Chains of Levistus, where you get an additional 2d6 (without the stat modifier) if the target moves.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
THB, read my intention correctly. That line is for attacks that have two different sized dice in one damage roll.

If you have a second damage roll, you probably want to copy and paste those lines, so you have two separate math areas.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Started importing a possible 2nd LEB PC.

Fixed a minor code issue with the new Surge Value Math line.

Changed the defenses block to include neck items with armor. Neck items felt really silly under Misc, but theres not space for much more there.

Dunamin

First Post
I've tested around a bit and so far have a couple very nitpickery comments:

• This was mentioned sometime before, I think, but it might be slightly smoother with titles for each section of the sheet written with white text in the black blocks that separate each section. (Basic Attacks, Senses, etc)
  • Under Health, there's a column named "Base HP", which applies fine to the "Hit Points" row but might be a bit misleading with the "Surges" row. Perhaps just rename it to "Base"?
  • Perhaps add a comment at the top, that you can freely add and delete math-free rows without messing up the sheet? Obvious, I know, but I figure being very explicit on instructions could prevent confusion. :)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Ok. I added titles for each. Renamed some stuff because of that. I'd appreciate if someone looked that over for clarity and spelling.

I moved languages closer to the top. This I think makes the initial filling out of the sheet easier, and should help checkers as well.

Added to lines to the instructions at the top. I'd like to be clear without being intimidating so if someone wants to check the wording that would be great.

Dunamin

First Post
Typo: Instruction #5 has mispelled "row" with "low"

Hmm, how about renaming the first section from "Quick Stats" to "Overview", "Basis" or leave that one without a title? It doesn't really give that much "stats" in terms of numbers, and Quick Stats seems to imply a summarized version of the PC's powers and such - like what you would include in a combat post.

Otherwise, looks good.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hey, this is promising! Good job.

I am reasonably handy with Excel though I admit a bit put off by the google presentation.

I noted the shield bonus isn't adding up. Easy enough to modify on my copy but I can't modify the master copy, right?

Here's my contribution:

Use the following line to calculate automatically defenses bases on level and attribute

Fortitude
=10+IF(D17>D18,D17,D18)+rounddown(AC11/2,0)

Where D17 is STR modifier, D18 is CON modifier and AC11 is level.

Reflex
=10+IF(D19>D20,D19,D20)+rounddown(AC11/2,0)

Will
=10+IF(D21>D22,D21,D22)+rounddown(AC11/2,0)

With that conditional, you get rid of the need to enter the best attribute modifier and it'll upgrade with level automatically when your stats increase.

With that line, you get automatically the corect fortitude based on level and the better of Strenght or Constitution. Then you add the other modifiers, of course.

For armor, you'd need a check mark to indicate if the armor is heavy not.

=10+IF(*cell with the heavy armor marker*='yes',0,(IF(D19>D20,D19,D20)+rounddown(AC11/2,0))

The most immediate source of improvement I see for this great sheet would be the use of scroll down lists to select class and races. I am sure these list could be used to enter classes and races so that the modifier to those automatically are applied to stats, defenses and skills and so on. That might be a little complex for poor little me, though. The only way that comes to my mind right now is a very lenghty set of conditionals but there are 25 classes and I am pretty sure the formula would end up being too large for the cell (I tried something like that once).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases