Discussion: Use of Google Spreadsheets in Place of Wiki Character Sheets

covaithe

Explorer
Hmm... Looking at the revision history on Scorpius. It looks like it highlights cells that have changed, but can you get it to show you the both the old value and the new value? I'm not seeing how.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The way I understand it is, when you select a version you see exactly what the sheet looked like then, except it is in grayscale and the changes made between this version, and the next earliest version is highlighted in yellow.

So Scorpius has most of his powers filled in now, but if you select a version from two days ago, his power fields will be blank.

You cannot see two versions next to each other without opening a new web browser window.

The way to see what was changed in the highlighted area specifically would to select the next earliest version of the document.

At least that's the only way I know how to do it, but obviously, I learned allot of this very recently and I would be willing to a bet a creative person might find something I missed.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Nice work! I was about to suggest something similar. I think it's more handy, quick and practical to have the sheets like that instead of using the wiki.

Congratulations for a good work, I'll try to load Sheng and Mri'Thas there.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I just realized that Tondrek has summons and looked at his sheet. I know a little CSS but not a allot. Did you guys alter the wiki when summoning was introduced? Or is there something more dynamic in play on the LEB side?
I redid the sheet entirely save for the math part at the end. It is less prescripted than the L4W sheet: It just has a place for a person to enter in all the data and add "Corollaries" such as secondary attacks, summoning info, etc.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
I agree with that. I think it's quite clear what we're doing with the product is not what it was designed to do.

I do, however, think this is the least worst option at this time. :D

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yeah, it's definitely not pretty to look at. (Unless you're in love with cells and numbers ;))

But, it solves a number of issues, such as hosting. The sheet looks solid. The only thing I noticed is something you mentioned already - inserting new power blocks sometimes messes up the reference for the level bonus.

All in all, I like it. Good work, Scorpius :)

Kalidrev

First Post
A second tab could be added that would include examples of all of these so called "interesting new power blocks" (such as for summoning, monks, etc). This way we could copy/paste from the second tab to the first tab and not have to junk up EVERYONE's sheet with these examples? Just a suggestion.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Sure. Or we could even keep a separate sheet of them so we're not updating the default sheet everytime someone thinks of something clever.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases