Discussion: Use of Google Spreadsheets in Place of Wiki Character Sheets

renau1g

First Post
Monk's aren't approved until April 16th, but there's 2 PHB3 classes in the tavern right now so I guess people can enter the tavern, but it's DM discretion if they want to allow a non-approved PC into their game. Also the PC can't be approved until the 16th.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Well, I've finished reading the PHb3. Unless something else comes my way that seems really interesting, I will likely be playing Amira in LEB next month.

As far as shapechangers and clothing, I feel you're pain Incarnation. I've had two potential PCs that I've racked my brain about this.

Once you get around level 6 you're best bet is to beg you're DM for a hat of disguise. Until then, stick a few extra outfits in your backpack.

As far as I know cloth armor does not have to be a full set of clothing to be enchanted. So enchant a girdle or something, so you can put any other outfit over it.

EDIT: I think we've gotten off topic.

ON TOPIC: Unless someone knows how to add a tab, we may have to wait and add that at a later time.

Kalidrev

First Post
Scorp,

When you are in the Google-docs page, look in the bottom-left corner for the ADD SHEET button. This will add a second sheet that you can reference. When entering a reference from one sheet to another, all you need to enter is "=Sheet#!<letter><#>"

For example, if you wanted a cell in page 1 to reference A4 in page 2, you would type "=Sheet2!A4" for a direct reference. You can also reference another page in the middle of the code by entering the cell number with the same format as above, but without the equal sign for a direct reference. For instance: "=Sum(A4+B5+Sheet2!G9)" That should work for referencing other sheets. I don't know if it's even possible in Google Docs, but I've seen other excel sheets that had hidden sheets that contained information for races and classes, so that the first sheet could reference them as dropdown menus, though I don't know if that's possible in google docs either.

Rapida

First Post
Alright this is a *rough* draft of what the sheets will look like. I've moved most of the ugly blocks to the Maths and References Tab. Please go there first and fill things in there before using any other tab. I feel like if it is going to break that is where it will stem from.
L4W Character Sheet v3.1

I'm going to start moving my paladin over to help find any bugs. If anyone else gets a chance please experiment/look it over and let me know what needs fixing or improvements.

I'm still not happy with the powers at the moment, but I figure it will work for now.

EDIT: I've started moving Brenwar over. I've found a few minor bugs in the formulas. The powers are actually working pretty well so far. Then again Paladin powers aren't very complicated.
Brenwar v3.1

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Wow. . . That's allot of changes. I thought we were just going to add a summary page?

I'll take a better look later when I have more time.

Rapida

First Post
Yeah, it became an issue of moving the stuff made it easier to just redo rather then work around the old system. Then I proceeded to nerd out and add various things. Then it became what it is. Sorry if I nerded out a bit, but you gave a programmer a new toy to play with. =)

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The following is biased, because I like my own work. I work appreciate it if others commented as well.

Hello developer Rapida. I'm in end user support, both in person and on the phone.

I'm a bit confused by the sheets. I'm not sure why you added so many.

Stonegod asked for one summary sheet on top. I obviously can't speak for him, but to me, there are two clear benefits to having that sheet.

1. It's should appear more familiar to people who are used to looking at the wiki sheets.

2. It make's it easier, and quicker to find important information.

As a developer, I understand why using many sheets, and many colors, make things easier for you. As a user, I find it confusing and overwhelming. The layout, even on individual sheets, seems really different as well. I have a hard time keeping each section separate when I look at it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases