L4W Discussion Thread V

Son of Meepo

First Post
When I looked over Kauldron's sheet, my thought was, "cheesy as hell, I'd never allow it in a home game, but I can't find anything against the rules with it."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
To my DMs, I've had no internet at home for the last week. Got it today, but just as I did, my laptop's registry corrupted. If I'm delaying any games, run me for a day or two until I can get back up and running.

Thanks.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
He doesn't get the benefit of the Defensive property because the Defensive property requires that the weapon in question be held in your hand

This cannot be true, otherwise defensive property on gauntlet axe would have no effect. Defensive should probably require the weapon to be wielded not held in hand. Gauntlet axe is wielded on the arm, not in hand. My 2 cents

Luinnar

First Post
Heroes of the Elemental Chaos introduces a theme retraining option. Would this be considered a rules update (thus applicable right away)? That would be my guess, but I wanted to double check.

Changing Themes
Although a theme can last throughout your character's career, circumstances might arise in which it makes sense for your theme to change. You could begin your career as a watershaper and later find yourself working for Zaaman Rul, a fiery primordial. You might then abandon the watershaper theme and adopt firecrafter, especially if Zaaman Rul replaces your previous patron.

When you can retrain, you can exchange your theme for another instead of using any other option for retraining. To retrain a theme, however, you must have none of the theme's optional powers, and you must have neither feats nor a paragon path for which the theme is a prerequisite. A paragon path that requires your current theme prevents you from retraining that theme, since paragon paths can't be retrained. But if you have only optional powers or feats that prevent you from retraining your current theme, you can retrain those powers or feats to others that don't require your current theme. Once you have retrained all character elements that require your current theme, you can then retrain your theme at your next retraining opportunity.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases