L4W Discussion Thread V

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
I like having a roll button right there, but I think it should be in the editor, not on the post. It forces you to post something before the button shows up, and then, if you're a DM controlling a lot of monsters/NPCs, you can't choose creature 2's actions based on creature 1's outcome unless you post in between. This spoils the suspense in many cases. I'm sticking with IC as a DM, but I might try this as a player.

Mewness

First Post
As a player I'm still inclined to use CoCo. I like the summaries it produces--I can easily look back and see everything I've done in the fight. Helps when I'm having trouble remembering whether I spent an action point or not.

Edit: Well, it looks like I'm relatively truthful today.

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
It's on the post after you post it? (I've noticed it doesn't show up with any BBCode when you quote a post...)

Let's see here...

OK, I get it. Yeah, I guess I can understand somewhat why it works this way - it can't be part of the post text or you could change it or hide it. But unfortunately it also means you can't hide the hugeness inside sblocks either. And then you have to go back and edit the post to actually describe the outcome.

Hmmm, yeah. Neat, but probably not worth using. Maybe for single skill checks and the like, but it seems like it'd be painful to try to use for many combat rolls.

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
What are everybody's thoughts about these other new tags?

GM: I like this one and the think bubble is okay. I like the formatting they provide.

OOC: This one seems too obtrusive. We often put ooc inline text in dark type but this is exactly the opposite. Is it possible to change the color scheme to something that doesn't stand out so bad?

(I use the black color scheme... is it better with other skins?)

And what do the MAP and TABLE tags do? Shall I just get my lazy self over to the meta board and read about it there? ;)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[MENTION=64945]ryryguy[/MENTION]: The table button puts data in tabular form much like the character sheets do. The map button actually treats whatever you put in the bracket as an address and attempts to find it on a RL map like googlemaps or something.

DMDanW

First Post
OK so I must be blind, but I cannot find the button for the dice roller. I can see the buttons for the Table, Map, Mention, Think, OOC, and GM tags, but I do not see anything for Dice Roller. Where should I be looking?

EDIT: - Never mind, I found it..... although my perception check roll is very fitting....

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
I think you found it. :)

Although I see what you mean: I can't find it, either. It apparently isn't a button near the "ooc" and "gm" tags and all that.

Edit: Ah, at least I know that my electronic rolling luck is consistent across all mediums. :)

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
Another semi-downside: rolls don't show up in quoted text or in the review (below your reply) when you are replying.

And yeah, you have to wait until after you post to make a roll.

Although it's still a cool service. Considering you could just make one post with all your rolls, and then make a post after that with all your comments and whatnot, it's pretty awesome. Plus, no more relying on other sites that could go down!

I agree that it's not the best for DMs who don't want any rolls shown until everything is on the table, but honestly that's not a big deal, either - you could still just roll a bunch of rolls and not give the commentary until they're all done.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases