L4W Discussion Thread V

dimsdale

First Post
Anyone thinking about doing a lvl 10+ adventure? :) I can think of four in the tavern who are at that level...well...three.

Also, I am Son of Meepo's father's son's cousin...twice removed.

WEContact

First Post
I am Son of Meepo's father's son's cousin...twice removed.
Meepo's Grandnephew, to put that concisely.

European_kinship_system_en.svg

Voda Vosa

First Post
So, I still need approvals for Vermitrax, Earth and Sheng Zim. I submitted the respective requests eons ago, so I'm posting here to stroke the flames a bit, as a matter of speak. Also: Happy new year!

Thanks WEContact...and to follow on the advice of senior reviewers:

I have Rhythm Blade on all three characters as that seemed easy way to improve the defenses at low levels and all are armorless or nearly so (invoker, shaman and monk).

CB allows the use of the item without shield bonus to increase, but there is apparently some ambiguity if there should be bonus to increase before it kicking in.

So...any judges around to clear this up?

Repeating this:
[MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION], [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION],[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], [MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION], [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION], [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION], [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]

Apologies if I missed someone

Also, I just found the thread for this

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Repeating this:
[MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION], [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION],[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], [MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION], [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION], [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION], [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]

Apologies if I missed someone

Also, I just found the thread for this

I'm not a reviewer for L4W, but a shield bonus of 0 doesn't exist. So, if a PC has a shield bonus, it will add to it. If not, it doesn't.

As rules support for this interpretation:

A shield bonus is granted by your shield. Shield bonuses apply to AC and Reflex defense. Powers, feats, or magic items might provide a shield bonus; these typically help only characters who aren’t using shields.

No shield, no shield bonus. No power, feat, or magic item, no shield bonus.

Note: one exception to this. If a PC had a shield bonus of +1 and a shield penalty of -1 to AC and/or Reflex, then yes, the item would work. Not sure if this is possible in the game system.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases