L4W Discussion Thread V

Velmont

First Post
In fairness, I should point out that there's a small but enthusiastic set of DMs here who use virtualbattlemap.com. I'm keeping an eye on it, but don't use it yet, since it's missing two or three important features. (But if it gets those features, I think it will be a real contender.)

I use it. It is simple (maybe a bit too much), and you know it is available anywhere, no need to be at your computer to make an update.

But lately, there is two things I find missing to it. The possibility to see what happen before. You have only 1 map, like on a table top, and when you modify it, you lose the change. The second, it is no tag to identify a creature... well, you could create one using a token...

renau1g

First Post
Oh and it appears to be down for me right now. Trying to go for 9 misses in a row with Ashir in Mal's game, but can't load the map

Velmont

First Post
Yeah, it seldom happen... another draw back. Last year, it has gone down for over a few weeks. We even stop a game because building back the map would have been too much trouble. But since that time, I must tell it has been more reliable than IC.

Another point for MapTool, you don't depend on a third party server.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I was trying to get to virtualbattlemap.com earlier and couldn't do it, thought about posting that but I figured it was temporarily down....

Just did an dns lookup and a whois....

The domain has no dns entries, no registrar entries and in fact is currently for sale.

elecgraystone

First Post
Howdy. Just wanted to post a warning that I may take a bit longer than normal to reply this week. I have some unexpected repairs i need to do on my car before I get in inspected (due at the end of the month), so I'm waiting for the shop to call me. However I have dial-up so that means that I'm not going to be on during the day and I'm going to have a lot of catching up at night.
Ok, everything's back to normal and I should be posting as normal.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases