L4W Discussion Thread V

treex

First Post
Thanks covaithe! I will address these problems immediately. I would like some help with my starting equipment, though. Never played before, so I don't know...but can a Warlock be effective without implements? (It seems so, but just in case)

Any campaigns/DMs you know of that you know off that are willing to coach a newbie? The closest thing I've gotten to d20 is...hmm, NeverWinter Nights (the first one) :D

EDIT: I still have 59 gold pieces left, is there anything noteworthy that I should get?
EDIT: I have 20 starting Con, which gives me 32HP and 11 surges per day, is getting the potion still worth it? (18 starting + 2 racial Bonus)

Last edited:

Circio

First Post
Having a high surge value and a large number of healing surges is definitely useful, but you can't just spend the surges whenever you want. You need to have abilities or items that allow you to spend those surges. Healing potions are a cheap (not so much at first level, but over all) method of accomplishing this that anyone can use. So yea, if you have spare gold lying around, it could be very nice to have that healing potion to use when you need it.

dimsdale

First Post
question :)

Is a character required to do all actions of his/her turn in the same post? Can the character perform a minor action and then delay until later on in the round the rest of his turn?

Example:
Lets say that a certain warlord uses inspiring word on an a ranger with negative hp. Can the warlord wait until the ranger takes his turn, then the warlord perform the rest of his turn, which might include the now standing ranger? :)

Circio

First Post
D&D Compendium said:
Delay Entire Turn: You must delay your entire turn, so you can’t delay if you’ve already taken an action
on your turn. You also can’t delay if you’re dazed or if you’re unable to take actions.
The quote above is from this compendium article. So, according to the rules as they stand, you cannot do what you described.

treex

First Post
This comment may or may not belong here, but what do you do with the exp that you get from comments you get from other users. Is it just for show or can we put that exp on our characters? It may seem absurd but, well you never know.

BENBROWN OMG I LOVE YOUR CAMPAIGN, or rather, how your campaign is going. (JOOMPIN SPIDAHS) Any chance to let get on the bandwagon?

Circio

First Post
If you click on the link of the experience points, it will take you to this page that will tell you the extent of how the forum experience points work.

Short answer to your question though, no, you cannot apply them to your character.

treex

First Post
That's a bummer, even if I already saw that coming. Oh well.
Anyway, I don't want to sound impatient or anything. But I'm really eager to start adventuring, how long does it take to be recruited, usually?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases