L4W Discussion Thread V

CaBaNa

First Post
Oh no! Someone has been taking our government officials seriously again... ;)

Yeah, we vote them into office for entertainment, it's like a big reality TV show we call C-span.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Ha! American news is so entertaining. Of course, I mostly get my american news through Jon Stewart so... ;)

Hey renaug, you are playing Shining Force II!? That's one of my favorite game ever. Finished it 4 times I think. A bit too easy but so addictive.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I'm American and I pretty much only watch news if it's Jon Stewart. Of course that's pretty rare since we don't watch TV (we have an XBOX 360 with Netflix which is far superior in my opinion). We're actually watching Top Gear on it right now. Entertaining show - and I don't ever really care much about cars.

So, when I played Shining Force II, I lost the final battle 4 times with my "elite" group, failing hard each time. On fit of pique, I threw in a team of nothing but the rejects that I had replaced with better characters and beat it. Go figure.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Yeah I'm playing it on the highest difficulty setting, just fought the kraken... damn that sucker's hard. One hit kills on almost everyone in the party. Oh, BTW I'm on vacation next week so should have more time for both Enworld and Shining Force

Edit: Oh, and I love Jon Stewart, my wife & I were talking this morning about wanting to take a trip to NYC to see him.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Yeah I'm playing it on the highest difficulty setting, just fought the kraken... damn that sucker's hard. One hit kills on almost everyone in the party. Oh, BTW I'm on vacation next week so should have more time for both Enworld and Shining Force

Edit: Oh, and I love Jon Stewart, my wife & I were talking this morning about wanting to take a trip to NYC to see him.

When I actually beat it, it was mostly incredible luck, with my main guy soloing it as the rest of the party held everything else off. My main guy could take about 2, maybe 3 hits before it killed him. It took him to 2 hp then missed 4 rounds in a row! while I got a couple critical hits. Definitely a dramatic way to finish.

I think if I was ever going to take a trip to NY, I'd try to build it around going to be in the audience of Jon's show.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases