L4W Discussion Thread V

VanderLegion

First Post
Take the base xp for the level of the new character, and any xp above that you divide in half and bank to give to another character (or characters). So level 8 requires 13k something xp, you take your current xp (18694) and subtract the xp required to get the level of the new character youre making, then divide by 2. So (18694 - 13000) / 2 (assuming 13k as the requirement for level 8, change that number to whatever the real value is if that's not quite right). Since you hit 9, you'll have even more spare xp left over after leveling up Ignus, which you can apply to another character, or bank for later to add to whatever character needs it. There's a page on the wiki for tracking banked xp from retiring characters.

[MENTION=30079]Rapida[/MENTION]: If your intention is to "pass along" XP after retiring a character, why not just retire Brenwar as a lvl 9 character, and use option A)?

[sblock=Option A (quoted from charter)]
When you decide to retire a character, keep the character sheet intact, but preface it with a note that the character has been retired, and at what level that has happened.

You have two options when replacing a character:

A) Create the new character at the same level as the old character. It will start with the following wealth, based its level:

• Level 1: 100 gp
  • Level 2: 780 gp
  • Level 3: 1750 gp
  • Level 4+: full starting wealth as outlined in the DMG on page 143
[/sblock]

Of course, if it were me... I'd stick around with him for another couple of encounters until I hit lvl 10 XP and then just create a new lvl 10 character.

VanderLegion

First Post
[MENTION=30079]Rapida[/MENTION]: If your intention is to "pass along" XP after retiring a character, why not just retire Brenwar as a lvl 9 character, and use option A)?

When you decide to retire a character, keep the character sheet intact, but preface it with a note that the character has been retired, and at what level that has happened.

A) Create the new character at the same level as the old character. It will start with the following wealth, based its level:

[/sblock]

Of course, if it were me... I'd stick around with him for another couple of encounters until I hit lvl 10 XP and then just create a new lvl 10 character.

He wants to give xp to Ignus to catch him up to the rest of us in our adventure. Can't do that with Option A.

Rapida

First Post

[/sblock]

Well, that was my intention of sticking with him from 8 to 9 so not really looking to do it again. Also, option A wouldn't allow me to level up my second character (Ignus, Level 2) who is currently in an adventure with party members ranging from levels 3-4.

EDIT: We clearly have a ninja infestation here...

You could always retire Brenwar, then "retire" Ignus and recreate him by using option A...from Brenwar's retirement, and then really monk it up!...but likely you don't want to do that (cause you would have to leave your current adventure)...

Rapida

First Post
I'm debating doing that, I could finish the adventure he is in currently, then just remake him at Brenwar's level. Then make a second character at whatever level Ignus ended up at.

Someone

Adventurer
Is it possible to just end the adventure and give rewards? I have half of my pcs in inactive adventures and I'd like to use them.

I'll double that petition - there may be an adventure for the level range of one of my characters stuck in one of those dead adventures.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases