L4W Discussion Thread V

WEContact

First Post
Are you allowed to spend DM credits on characters other than your own? Like say you're running a L3-5 adventure and there's a new player whose L1 PC is the only L1 in the tavern (ie he's unlikely to get an adventure soon), could you spend your credits to level him up to 2 or 3 so he could join?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Yup; the charter is clear in its specific ambiguity here (a character, not your character). r1 spend a bunch on folks in his adventures recently. Its rare, but does happen.

renau1g

First Post
Are you allowed to spend DM credits on characters other than your own? Like say you're running a L3-5 adventure and there's a new player whose L1 PC is the only L1 in the tavern (ie he's unlikely to get an adventure soon), could you spend your credits to level him up to 2 or 3 so he could join?

Yes, as sg pointed out below.

Yup; the charter is clear in its specific ambiguity here (a character, not your character). r1 spend a bunch on folks in his adventures recently. Its rare, but does happen.

Velmont did recently as well for Lord S's PC.

Schiffer

First Post
Hey everyone! Im new here on ENWorld but I mainly came here for the Play-by-post setting. I am somewhat new to it but get the gist of it. I've already been through the character creation and the charter forums. What I feel like I really want to do is try DMing. I looked at the link to the old forum on the Wiki page, but wanted some advice from DMs now. Mainly what kind of level range needs more adventures. The players who arn't getting alot of attention because of level I don't mind DMing for at all.

What kind of levels should I focus my levels on?

Also, how flexible is the setting? Can i really just make a villain, use him/her in a lot of adventures, and then add him to the threat page on the Wiki? How does that work? If i do start making a villain of some sort, can i make a page for him on the wiki? If i can, where do i put it?

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
The best way to see what level range you should plan for is to ask in the Tavern or the Upcoming Adventures thread for people who have PCs not in adventures. I have a L5 Barbarian who's been on his ass for months, and I would LOVE to play him again soon. :)

I don't have DM experience here, but I can tell you that the setting is VERY flexible. Yes to all of your yes/no questions, and probably the best place to add a villain to the wiki is to include him in a page dedicated to a location or organization with which your villain is associated.

WEContact

First Post
The only real rule is that you shouldn't contradict anything that's already been established. A big nation really close to Daunton would be problematic because you'd have to explain why no one had heard of it before now- generally the bigger, more exotic the thing you want to add is, the more difficult to access it should be. That said, the setting is called the Transitive Isles for a reason. It's possible that new continent could drift into sea-travel range of Daunton, I think. Somebody who's been here longer than me correct me if I'm wrong.

Phoenix8008

First Post
The only real rule is that you shouldn't contradict anything that's already been established. A big nation really close to Daunton would be problematic because you'd have to explain why no one had heard of it before now- generally the bigger, more exotic the thing you want to add is, the more difficult to access it should be. That said, the setting is called the Transitive Isles for a reason. It's possible that new continent could drift into sea-travel range of Daunton, I think. Somebody who's been here longer than me correct me if I'm wrong.

While I haven't been around much in the last year or two, I was here when L4W got put together and what WEContact said above sounds right to me, unless its changed since then.

As for you DMing Schiffer, welcome and be welcome (and thank you!) for the future effort you'll put into DMing. I've done it in the past and enjoyed it immensly. WEContact was also right about checking in the Tavern thread or even better the OOC 'Upcomming Adventures' thread to see what levels of characters are available/interested. I myself have a lvl 3 and lvl 6 PC which would love to play. Although I'm considering retiring one of them to change to a different class for playing something newer.

Again though, welcome to ENworld and L4W!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases