L4W Discussion Thread V

Phoenix8008

First Post
On a different subject, does it take a moderator to change the 'Approved Characters' list in the Wikia? Most of them say 'Edit' but that one says 'View Source'. I ask because my two old characters Kama-zer and Talon do have all needed approvals on their character sheet, but they aren't on the list. Probably because of the change to the new Wiki that was happening around the time I burnt out on PBP a couple years ago. Maybe they didn't get transferred over. If anybody knows how I can fix it or if it takes a special person to do it, could someone do so when they have a chance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

renau1g

First Post
If you've done no PbP or DMing, run a low level addy. Paragon is too complicated to start.

This.

I'd suggest something like one of the Dungeon Delve- style, or LFR ones. Short, fairly simple and straight forward to get used to the idiosyncrasies of the format. And a low level one too, there's lots of fiddly bits as you level up.

That said, welcome and I hope you stick around :).

My first adventure was a short, simple, 3-combat adventure, straight-forward. It still took 3 months (and that's pretty quick) to complete.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...ty-things-go-bump-night-covaithe-judging.html

covaithe

Explorer
On a different subject, does it take a moderator to change the 'Approved Characters' list in the Wikia? Most of them say 'Edit' but that one says 'View Source'. I ask because my two old characters Kama-zer and Talon do have all needed approvals on their character sheet, but they aren't on the list. Probably because of the change to the new Wiki that was happening around the time I burnt out on PBP a couple years ago. Maybe they didn't get transferred over. If anybody knows how I can fix it or if it takes a special person to do it, could someone do so when they have a chance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yeah, we changed the approval system a while ago. It takes a "senior reviewer" to get on that page, when you get your second approval. Judges are SRs, and there are a handful of others too; I think there's a list in the charter. We always need more.

But if your character was approved before, all that is still valid, and you're fine. I wouldn't worry too much about that page.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Hi all. I have a lot of apologizing to do. I've been entirely overwhelmed with RL since January, and this summer it all came to ahead. I kept telling myself I'll make it back to ENWorld, but alas it has not yet happened.
[MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION], [MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION]: I need to take a hiatus, but I don't want to leave my players hanging any longer than necessary. I'll send you a prospectus on the basic story lines for my two ongoing adventures, with instructions on how to best close them out. I fear that it will not be terribly detailed. If you are busy, please delegate this responsibility to someone who has the ambition to do so.

I did so want to finish this story out, but I am simply not going to have the time until some time next spring, and that's too long to ask anyone to wait.

Thanks for many memories, laughs, adventures, and general comraderie. I will never forget, and I WILL BE BACK!

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sad to see you go H.M.Gimlord, but glad you'll make it back sometime! Your game has been loads of fun and also intriguing and difficult, which is even better! We'll miss you man.

Cheers!

VanderLegion

First Post
When retiring a character and creating a new one at lower level so you can spend xp on a different character, does the amount of xp you "lost" by making the lower level character count from the requirement to get to your current level, or your current actual xp?

For instance, my character Tyris is currently at about 6500 xp. If I were to retire him and create a lower level character to give some xp to another one, would I count the xp lost from whatever level Ic reated to 5500 or 6500? My understanding from reading the proposal to remove the xp loss on retirement is that it would be from my current xp (the 6500), but I wanted to double check before I get too far into the process, since if it's the 6500 I don't have to sacrifice one level that I would have to from 5500.

Luinnar

First Post
When retiring a character and creating a new one at lower level so you can spend xp on a different character, does the amount of xp you "lost" by making the lower level character count from the requirement to get to your current level, or your current actual xp?

For instance, my character Tyris is currently at about 6500 xp. If I were to retire him and create a lower level character to give some xp to another one, would I count the xp lost from whatever level Ic reated to 5500 or 6500? My understanding from reading the proposal to remove the xp loss on retirement is that it would be from my current xp (the 6500), but I wanted to double check before I get too far into the process, since if it's the 6500 I don't have to sacrifice one level that I would have to from 5500.
If you are talking about this proposal, it did not pass. :)

VanderLegion

First Post
If you are talking about this proposal, it did not pass. :)

Oh, I know it didn't pass, and I'm not wanting to start a new character at the old characters xp level. I was just looking at the example that got it started in the first place - a character at 2055 xp currently if retired and xp given to a new character resulting in the new character receiving 1027 xp, as opposed to simply retiring that character and maknig a new one at same level, which would result in dropping back to 1000 xp. But that only happens if the xp stored is based on the characters current xp amount as opposed to the amount required to obtain the current level.

It's not a huge deal to me either way, but it DOES make a level difference for one of the new characters I'd be making (As I said in the Upcoming adventure thread, I have 2 level 5 characters, want to retire one to make a new level 5 character, then retire the other and drop some levels to bump the new level 5 character up to level 6). If I were to retire Sha'kar to make the level 5, then retire Tyris and drop some levels for whatever new character I made from him, since Tyris is at 6500 xp currently, I would have to drop him to level 3 for the xp gained from it to get the level 5 up to level 6 (750 from level 3 to 4, 875 from 4 to 5, 500 from the 5500 for level 5 to the current 6500, puts me over the 2k needed to get from level 5 to level 6). If the xp banked is based on the 5500 base value for level 5, then I'd have to drop to level 2 (to gain the 625 from level 2-3 to replace the 500 I wouldn't get from benig at 6500).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases