L4W Discussion Thread V

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
RAM TIGER tried to kill my quest giver.

If you find a bloody, half dead Gnoll on the tavern floor, just ignore it ;)

47 vs AC? You didn't say a critical hit, so lets say he rolled a 19. He had CA for being invisible which means he had to have +26 to hit to get 47 AC. Standard monster attacks vs AC are level + 5. That means this guy is somewhere around level 21, which is the highest level NPC I've heard of in L4W.

72 damage without a crit means, with the highest level 21 damage expression - encounter power, high damage, with MM3 monster creation guidelines - 4d12+11 or maximum 59 damage. With an invisibility power, I suppose he's probably a lurker, which might add 3d6 or so with CA, so maxiumum 77. Nice rolls for that guy, almost crit, almost ghetto-crit!

Sanzuo's question certainly seems viable, at level 21, why doesn't he just do whatever it is that needs to be done? :p

Luinnar

First Post
47 vs AC? You didn't say a critical hit, so lets say he rolled a 19. He had CA for being invisible which means he had to have +26 to hit to get 47 AC. Standard monster attacks vs AC are level + 5. That means this guy is somewhere around level 21, which is the highest level NPC I've heard of in L4W.

72 damage without a crit means, with the highest level 21 damage expression - encounter power, high damage, with MM3 monster creation guidelines - 4d12+11 or maximum 59 damage. With an invisibility power, I suppose he's probably a lurker, which might add 3d6 or so with CA, so maxiumum 77. Nice rolls for that guy, almost crit, almost ghetto-crit!

Sanzuo's question certainly seems viable, at level 21, why doesn't he just do whatever it is that needs to be done? :p
Because when you get to his level, you can throw enough gold to send adventurers on quests that you don't want to do yourself :p

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Because when you get to his level, you can throw enough gold to send adventurers on quests that you don't want to do yourself :p

That would be a funny epic level consumable:

Heroic Tier Adventurer
Level 1
Price: 180gp
Other Consumable

Power(Consumable): Minor Action. Use a Heroic Tier Adventurer to do some task you can't be arsed to do that would be trivial for you but moderately dangerous for them. If they do not complete the task, who cares? They're cheap and expendable and approximately five can be found in almost any tavern.

Luinnar

First Post
That would be a funny epic level consumable:

Heroic Tier Adventurer
Level 1
Price: 180gp
Other Consumable

Power(Consumable): Minor Action. Use a Heroic Tier Adventurer to do some task you can't be arsed to do that would be trivial for you but moderately dangerous for them. If they do not complete the task, who cares? They're cheap and expendable and approximately five can be found in almost any tavern.
LOL. That would be a funny epic level campaign. Everyone manipulates the heroes of the realm to try to become the next iconic characters of D&D. Just like Elminster!

evilbob

Explorer
So 390/125 = 3 months (rounded down) at 127 g / mo = 381 gold, plus 458/145 = 3 months (rounded down) at 175 g / mo = 525, which totaled is 381+525 = 906 gold. So my final boost would be 848 XP and 906 gold?
Unless anyone objects I'm going to assume this is ok and retire Empathy and boost Mervin in the way stated above.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
I've got no problem with it (I'll just add another dragon to his encounter :devil:). Seriously, though, I've got no problem with it. It'll even out the party in Land Ho, and make up for a long time without advancement :).

renau1g

First Post
FYI: From ScorpiusRisk

"I'm having a little trouble with Enworld where I am physically, so I hope someone might post this message for me on the boards.

I thought I would be back no later than last Sunday and that's clearly not the case. My job, while generally allowing for lots of downtime, falls into Higher Education. The start of September is always my busiest time. Now, I've found myself in the middle of a deployment, responsible for things I'm not generally responsible for. If the deployment goes well, I may catch up on the boards on by Monday. Otherwise, it will likely be another week.

I apologize and wish I could have predicted this situation.

Scorpius"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases