L4W Discussion Thread V

BenBrown

First Post
Yes, we need some sort of link on the Wiki, and to save confusion, it's probably best to create a wiki page for the character, and put a link to the spreadsheet in there.

Dunamin

First Post
Thanks Dunamin. Now, for those using the docs spreadsheet, do they still need to upload their PC to Wikia? I'd prefer we do that as otherwise we have 2 locations of PC's and it becomes somewhat confusing
I agree with Scorp and Ben; I prefer that we let all PCs have a wiki page but keep the mechanics in the spreadsheet.

Here's an example with Woe Chinua for how I think it could work.

I wouldn't mind adding a Summary section to his wiki page, but I imagine it would just be more work for character reviewers. Conversely, the Summary tab in the spreadsheet auto-fills from the base numbers, so that should check out by default.

covaithe

Explorer
As a DM, nothing slows me down like having to search high and low for someone's character sheet. I very badly want one list that has every character on it, approved or unapproved.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Well it sounds like we're in agreement then. If you choose to use the new spreadsheet option, you need to still have a wiki page with a link.

CaBaNa

First Post
Cheers,

Crazy week. RL is demanding attention beyond what it deserves, but I'm being forced into compliance. NPC as necessary, no guarantee on being back within the week.

CaBaNa

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
When sending a character for review, will "L4W Character Submission: Whatshisname" be seen or does it have to be "[L4W] L4W Character Submission: Whatshisname" to be forwarded correctly?

BenBrown

First Post
I agree with Scorp and Ben; I prefer that we let all PCs have a wiki page but keep the mechanics in the spreadsheet.

Here's an example with Woe Chinua for how I think it could work.

I wouldn't mind adding a Summary section to his wiki page, but I imagine it would just be more work for character reviewers. Conversely, the Summary tab in the spreadsheet auto-fills from the base numbers, so that should check out by default.

Looks good, although I'd put the spreadsheet link at the top, if you don't have a summary section.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I skimmed through the thread, but am somehow missing the part where we can get to the old wiki code for our previous character sheet. As fun as it was entering it the first time, I'd rather copy-paste and modify than re-type the whole thing...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases