L4W Discussion Thread V

treex

First Post
Well, I'm hoping you could do something simple for the 1st level characters. I'll be ready to pounce on it as soon as I get the chance :D Also, since I haven't actually done anything to my character can I re-write it?

renau1g

First Post
You can change the PC as long as he hasn't been approved yet. If he has you'd have to retire him and set-up a new one.

One thing to note is that it is very time-consuming to run a game, combat posts typically are an hour or more to resolve, so even if it's a simple dungeon crawl the time sink is fairly high for a DM (speaking as one who's run many adventures here)

treex

First Post
Oh, I do know how time consuming making a campaign is. I've tried writing something up and there's just so many stats and stuff to look up. That aside, I assume by combat posts you mean when everyone posts their actions for one round. I can't disagree with that, but I'm still really amazed by the other campaigns that are up and running. Get me to the Church on time is a personal favorite right now ^ ^

renau1g

First Post
Making the adventure is the easy part, running it is the hard part. The combat posts I'm referring to are when the DM has to adjudicate players actions and then implement the monsters attacks.

twilsemail

First Post
The following would generally be a DM's call. I'm not sure how that works in a living world.

Deadeye Slinger uses the term "slings" in its description. Would it apply to a weapon in the sling group (like the Dejada) or just to the narrower "sling" weapon?

As an aside, I hate that we've got 4 weapon groups that also house weapons with the same name.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The following would generally be a DM's call. I'm not sure how that works in a living world.

Deadeye Slinger uses the term "slings" in its description. Would it apply to a weapon in the sling group (like the Dejada) or just to the narrower "sling" weapon?

As an aside, I hate that we've got 4 weapon groups that also house weapons with the same name.

If I were the DM, I would allow any weapon in the same group benefit from the feat.

renau1g

First Post
I would say that Deadeye slinger refers to the weapon group Slings (incl Dejeda), however the rogue wouldn't be able to Sneak attack with the Dejeda as the sneak attack entry specifically names sling (the weapon, not group) as eligible. At least that's my take. A proposal might be in order...

SNEAK ATTACK
When you make an attack with a light blade, a hand crossbow, a shortbow, or a sling and hit an enemy granting combat advantage to you...

treex

First Post
I need some help guys (I find that the community here is very friendly :D)

I have problems with renaming my character wikia page. Currently it's only Jesse Tey'un, which I want to change to PC:Jesse Tey'un (treex). treex, not Treex. I've just spelt it that way since...ever.

Lastly, I heard that I was to e-mail somebody in order to approve my character?

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
I need some help guys (I find that the community here is very friendl :D)

I have problems with renaming my character wikia page. Currently it's only Jesse Tey'un, which I want to change to PC:Jesse Tey'un (treex). Yes treex, not Treex. I've just spelt it that way...since ever.

Lastly, I heard that I was to e-mail somebody in order to approve it?

You can rename the page by clicking the down arrow on the Edit button from the page you want to edit, then select Rename from the dropdown list.

As for who you have to email to get your character approved, that information can be found in the L4W Character Creation thread (see post 2)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases