L4W Discussion Thread V

Kalidrev

First Post
Cov,

I've got to say that those adventure synopsis are the best thing since sliced bread! Very well done; I would love to see those for all of the adventures being run!

covaithe

Explorer
I don't know who did it but I found this back up of character information for L4W:

Category:L4W - ENWiki

The anonymous person who set it up... thank you!

Wow, that's awesome.

I'm guessing it's probably Morrus' doing, since it looks like a full backup of the actual database. It has version history, and appears to have been done within the last few days. I don't think you get those things without doing a proper full export of the database using mediawiki backup scripts.

Cov,

I've got to say that those adventure synopsis are the best thing since sliced bread! Very well done; I would love to see those for all of the adventures being run!

They're useful, aren't they? I can't take credit for the idea; LEW has them:

Living ENWorld:History

I just wish I had time to keep up with the ones I've started.

Dekana

Explorer
Something about the spacing in the code is screwing it up. Ashir's page looks fine if I copy the code and paste it as
Code:
{{L4W:Character
|Name=Ashir
|Player=renau1g
|Level=1
|Class=Wizard
|Race=Genasi
|Size=Medium
|XP=0
|Initiative=+0
|Perception=12
|Senses=none
|Insight=12
|HP=22
|Bloodied=11
|SurgeValue=5
|Surges=7
|AC=14
|Fortitude=15
|Reflex=14
|Will=14
|Speed=6
|Alignment=Unaligned
|Languages=Common, Primordial
|Str=18 (+4)
|Con=12 (+1)
|Dex=10 (+0)
|Int=18 (+4)
|Wis=14 (+2)
|Cha=8 (-1)
|Racial=Elemental Origin, Elemental Manifestation (Stormsoul: +1 Fort, Resist Lightning 5, Promise of Storm)
|ClassFeature=Arcane Implement Mastery (Tome of Readiness), cantrips, ritual casting, spellbook
|Feats=Elemental Empowerment, Ritual Caster
|Skills=Arcana +9, Endurance +8, Nature +9, Religion +9
|Rituals=Portend Weather (Nature), Create Campsite (Nature), Tenser's Floating Disc (Arcana)
|BasicAttack=Staff +6 vs AC 1d8+4 damage
|BasicRangedAttack=na
}}
But if I copy/paste the exact same code without the formatting, the templates aren't used.

Edit: Ah, it's actually the <br> lines that are messing it up. They can't be in the reference to the template "{{{L4W:Character" vs "{{L4W:Character<br>". I think they're okay anywhere else.
I didn't run into this problem when copying over the sheets from enworld. I always went to the edit screen of a sheet, copied all the code, and pasted it as-is. The <br> lines weren't there, so I'm thinking that you're using a different method to copy the code.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases