L4W Discussion Thread V

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Annoying. Charina has the goggles. Easiest thing to do is just replace it with a headband of perception since it has the same value and function. Then you just suck up the fact it grants only +1 to perception instead of +2. I'll live.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Any judges know the policy on a player leaving in the middle of an adventure, especially in the middle of combat?

We were on round 2 or so of combat in A Night at the Four Seasons when renau1g hit the busy season for a couple months, then ran another round a bit over a week ago, then disappeared again. I'd like to get Phoenix adventuring since we've been idling for about 11 weeks.

If I leave now, do I lose any adventure/time xp and gp? Can a judge award those for a DM in absentia? Does another DM take over and finish the combat?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Any judges know the policy on a player leaving in the middle of an adventure, especially in the middle of combat?

We were on round 2 or so of combat in A Night at the Four Seasons when renau1g hit the busy season for a couple months, then ran another round a bit over a week ago, then disappeared again. I'd like to get Phoenix adventuring since we've been idling for about 11 weeks.

If I leave now, do I lose any adventure/time xp and gp? Can a judge award those for a DM in absentia? Does another DM take over and finish the combat?
I emailed r1 on Friday; we'll see if he gets back.

Leaving mid-combat when the DM is around is probably heavily frowned on (I'd consider it abandoning over in LEB). If the DM has disappeared, its up to the judge (some finish the combat and then close shop, some try to continue). I'd talk to Ozzy (the Judge for our game).

Voda Vosa

First Post
I'm still pending approval for Sheng Zim, Earth and Vermitrax. The last I'm not very concerned, but the other two have been pending for like several months.

treex

First Post
A quick question about readying actions in L4W pbp. Is it legal to do something like this?
[sblock=Actions]Standard: Ready Action (Power X)
Trigger: When {any} comes within range[/sblock]

From what I understand from the PhB I think you're only allowed to choose one target that can trigger your readied action, but I'm being hopeful and some clarification would be nice.

Also, I've been playing around with the idea of a Warforged Vampire. (I don't care what you say, I'm doing it as soon as I get the word that it's legal)

I have the idea that some lazy vampire nobles got around to crafting some Warforged for the menial task of hunting pray and storing blood for them. They can also accompany travelling vampires to act as a tank of reserves for the party. Soon, because of a desperate war (or some such) they tinkered around with some magic to give their Warforged abilities similar to theirs, where they can now use blood to power themselves up, because they were already suitable.

The idea is still kinda foggy but I have a nice skeleton for it. And not to mention syringes. My Warforged must have a lot of syringes. A gargantuan one attached to his arm and retractable rocket arm syringe. YEAH! And two large glass cylindrical tubes that can indicate how much he has stored, magically enforced of course, I don't want it breaking in the middle of a battle.

I'm aware that Warforged are not robots, and they are living constructs, so I was wanting so see what can work fluff-wise. All help (and flames)will be appreciated

Remove ads