L4W Discussion Thread V

WEContact

First Post
Thanks! Mewness is the one who put me on to this game, by the way, so when you're all captivated by my overwhelming charm and quick wit you can thank him for bringing me here.

WEContact

First Post
Sorry to double-post, but I'm having trouble finding a ruling on themes. Are they all allowed? Any rules about them I should know?

For now I'm operating under the assumption that they are allowed, but that they may not be reskinned, and that taking a theme that clashes with the character for the sake of mechanical benefit is discouraged. Is that about right?

Mewness

First Post
I believe that the non-setting-specific themes are now allowed, but they were only voted in recently, so people aren't really using them yet. There were also some concerns about people who don't have DDI being disadvantaged.

I would suggest (quite unofficially--just my opinion) that you go ahead and give your PC a theme if you want one, but refrain from using its mechanical benefits in play unless the other people in your group have themes as well.

WEContact

First Post
One or two people in the L1 batch of Kollossaeum have themes. The one I chose has almost no in-combat value til L5, so not using it won't be a problem.

I read some discussion about those concerns. I'd be happy to be part of writing homebrew themes for the Transitive Isles that people without ddi could use, I think that's a great idea.

VanderLegion

First Post
One or two people in the L1 batch of Kollossaeum have themes. The one I chose has almost no in-combat value til L5, so not using it won't be a problem.

I read some discussion about those concerns. I'd be happy to be part of writing homebrew themes for the Transitive Isles that people without ddi could use, I think that's a great idea.

Yah, I've got a theme on my character in there, it fit really well with how my character was built, so I figured why not. Only restriction I know of currently for themes is no Dark Sun themes. And I'm not sure what day the Neverwinter campaign book released for them to become legal (1 month after release).

Luinnar

First Post
Could a judge please approve xp awards I just gave out? Thanks! :)

Also Jax and Dorn have hit paragon, congratz! The whole party has slayed their way through countless zombies, ghouls, canines and one old lady (she was deadly I swear!) to get this far.

Are there any other paragon tier characters?

Remove ads