D&D 4th Edition L4W Discussion Thread V - Page 151

Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    If you're looking at defender|defender, battlemind|paladin works REALLY well, especially with a tiefling thanks to the Wrath of the Crimson Legion racial feat. I'm running one in another game. Her character sheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...9t_lX&hl=en_US
    I...NEVER thought of doing pdfs of the character sheet outta the character builder on google docs...that would be SO much easier than doing all the wiki stuff...
    Vander (Pixie Monk 6), Graven (Warforged Swordmage|Wizard 3), Everlin (Human Skald 3)

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Velmont
    @garyh: How do you house rule an extra feat with the Character builder?
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

"Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore garyh
    Quote Originally Posted by WEContact View Post
    Very cool build, Gary. If I do a Paladin, it will definitely be a Tiefling. Don't hybrids with Psionic Augmentation (Hybrid) get a third At-Will at level 3 even if they pick the Hybrid Encounter Power option instead of the Power Point option at level 1? It looks like you only have 1 Battlemind At-will.
    Thanks! You get a psionic level 3 at-will, but it replaces your level 1 psionic at-will. At least, that's what the builder does.

Quote Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
    I...NEVER thought of doing pdfs of the character sheet outta the character builder on google docs...that would be SO much easier than doing all the wiki stuff...
    Definitely easier. The main downside to that is that not everyone has the character builder. There are also things the builder still gets wrong (for example, you can't attach dragonshards to weapons in the builder, so all the damage listings for my mage are one short on the CB file of what they should be). Also, some things don't fully list the rules on the character sheet (feats are especially bad about this).

Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    @garyh: How do you house rule an extra feat with the Character builder?
    If you still have the old offline Character Builder, you can add a houserule feat there, then import the CB file to the new builder and the houserule feat slot is still there. My home group discovered this after the computer I had the old CB on died, but luckily someone in the group had the old CB still and was able to make it work and send the rest of us the file.

I've attached an export of the houseruled feat CB file to this post. Just import it into the online CB and build your PC from there.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore WEContact
    So I've been reading on psionic hybrids since I posted that. If you pick a L1 Paladin Encounter power, at L3 you get to retrain your L1 Augmentable At-Will to a L3 At-Will, and you get power points. If you pick power points at L1, at L3 you get a L3 Paladin Encounter power, but you can't retrain your Augmentable At-Will- it stays level one until L13, when you get your first chance to swap it out. (At level 7 you get a new power, either a Paladin encounter power or an Augmentable At-Will. You don't have to swap any old powers out in either case.)

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Xeterog
    what, exactly, does it take to get a PC approved? (not that it matters, stuck in an adventure where the DM disappeared)...updated my pc to level 6 in MARCH....
    -Xeterog

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Karlowitch
    Hi Everybody !

I have been looking for a forum to play some 4th edition, and google led me to this site. And honestly... It looks like you guys are haveing great fun !

So my question is; do you still take new folk in? Or do I have to petition someone to join ya lot ?

best wishes karlowitch

Quote Originally Posted by Karlowitch View Post
    Hi Everybody !

I have been looking for a forum to play some 4th edition, and google led me to this site. And honestly... It looks like you guys are haveing great fun !

So my question is; do you still take new folk in? Or do I have to petition someone to join ya lot ?

best wishes karlowitch
    We let people in 4 at a time, they make characters, and then they fight to see who gets to play. That's why there's so many so strikers around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeterog View Post
    what, exactly, does it take to get a PC approved? (not that it matters, stuck in an adventure where the DM disappeared)...updated my pc to level 6 in MARCH....
    You have to email the judges telling us you're ready for approval. Be sure to use the proper subject line, and don't be shy about giving us a (polite) reminder if you think you've been waiting for an undue period of time. If you already have a judges approval but need a second, try asking the other players in your group.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore WEContact
    Welcome, @Karlowitch. I'm new too- just started playing this month. My PC only has one (non-Judge) approval, but I'm already a third of the way through my first adventure.

Speaking of which, I ought to email the Judges again to see about that second approval.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Karlowitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sky View Post
    We let people in 4 at a time, they make characters, and then they fight to see who gets to play. That's why there's so many so strikers around here.
    Phew... you almost got me worried there Iron Sky! I was already picturing how I would mentaly prep. my upcoming character for "Wipeout - the roleplaying edition" !

Quote Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/members/wecontact.html"
    WEContact[/URL]]Welcome, @Karlowitch . I'm new too- just started playing this month. My PC only has one (non-Judge) approval, but I'm already a third of the way through my first adventure.
    Thanks ! That sounds great, can't wait to get started !

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Looking forward to adventuring with ya lot !

Karlowitch

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 151 of 263 FirstFirst ... 51101141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161201251 ... LastLast