L4W Discussion Thread V

VanderLegion

First Post
If you're looking at defender|defender, battlemind|paladin works REALLY well, especially with a tiefling thanks to the Wrath of the Crimson Legion racial feat. I'm running one in another game. Her character sheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...56VUKJT15kMUlyvtGxQ5lHMTMtP-bZS9t_lX&hl=en_US

I...NEVER thought of doing pdfs of the character sheet outta the character builder on google docs...that would be SO much easier than doing all the wiki stuff...

garyh

First Post
Very cool build, Gary. If I do a Paladin, it will definitely be a Tiefling. Don't hybrids with Psionic Augmentation (Hybrid) get a third At-Will at level 3 even if they pick the Hybrid Encounter Power option instead of the Power Point option at level 1? It looks like you only have 1 Battlemind At-will.

Thanks! You get a psionic level 3 at-will, but it replaces your level 1 psionic at-will. At least, that's what the builder does.

I...NEVER thought of doing pdfs of the character sheet outta the character builder on google docs...that would be SO much easier than doing all the wiki stuff...

Definitely easier. The main downside to that is that not everyone has the character builder. There are also things the builder still gets wrong (for example, you can't attach dragonshards to weapons in the builder, so all the damage listings for my mage are one short on the CB file of what they should be). Also, some things don't fully list the rules on the character sheet (feats are especially bad about this).

[MENTION=6078]garyh[/MENTION]: How do you house rule an extra feat with the Character builder?

If you still have the old offline Character Builder, you can add a houserule feat there, then import the CB file to the new builder and the houserule feat slot is still there. My home group discovered this after the computer I had the old CB on died, but luckily someone in the group had the old CB still and was able to make it work and send the rest of us the file.

I've attached an export of the houseruled feat CB file to this post. Just import it into the online CB and build your PC from there.

Attachments

• HouseruleFeat.dnd4e
    95.8 KB · Views: 69

WEContact

First Post
So I've been reading on psionic hybrids since I posted that. If you pick a L1 Paladin Encounter power, at L3 you get to retrain your L1 Augmentable At-Will to a L3 At-Will, and you get power points. If you pick power points at L1, at L3 you get a L3 Paladin Encounter power, but you can't retrain your Augmentable At-Will- it stays level one until L13, when you get your first chance to swap it out. (At level 7 you get a new power, either a Paladin encounter power or an Augmentable At-Will. You don't have to swap any old powers out in either case.)

Xeterog

Explorer
what, exactly, does it take to get a PC approved? (not that it matters, stuck in an adventure where the DM disappeared)...updated my pc to level 6 in MARCH....

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Hi Everybody !

I have been looking for a forum to play some 4th edition, and google led me to this site. And honestly... It looks like you guys are haveing great fun :D !

So my question is; do you still take new folk in? Or do I have to petition someone to join ya lot ?

best wishes karlowitch

We let people in 4 at a time, they make characters, and then they fight to see who gets to play. That's why there's so many so strikers around here.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
what, exactly, does it take to get a PC approved? (not that it matters, stuck in an adventure where the DM disappeared)...updated my pc to level 6 in MARCH....

You have to email the judges telling us you're ready for approval. Be sure to use the proper subject line, and don't be shy about giving us a (polite) reminder if you think you've been waiting for an undue period of time. If you already have a judges approval but need a second, try asking the other players in your group.

WEContact

First Post
Welcome, [MENTION=6683983]Karlowitch[/MENTION]. :) I'm new too- just started playing this month. My PC only has one (non-Judge) approval, but I'm already a third of the way through my first adventure.

Speaking of which, I ought to email the Judges again to see about that second approval.

Karlowitch

First Post
We let people in 4 at a time, they make characters, and then they fight to see who gets to play. That's why there's so many so strikers around here.

Phew... you almost got me worried there Iron Sky! I was already picturing how I would mentaly prep. my upcoming character for "Wipeout - the roleplaying edition" !

[URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/members/wecontact.html" said:
WEContact[/URL]]Welcome, @Karlowitch . :) I'm new too- just started playing this month. My PC only has one (non-Judge) approval, but I'm already a third of the way through my first adventure.

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Looking forward to adventuring with ya lot !

Karlowitch

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases