L4W Discussion Thread V

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Have a peek at Incarnation or Damen.

Thanks! I'd give you an xp, but I can't.

The Awaiting Approval page on the wiki says 131 characters in need... that should be plenty. I did one tonight and I'll do one a day minimum and try to get a few (unless I"m out of town and can't get to the computer or the like).

Edit: Would it be worthwhile to make a "Requesting Approval" Thread here where people could post when they are... well... requesting approval? If nothing else, it would give us the ability to see when the approval request went in and also give a single place for people to post them (especially if they need them ASAP so they can receive awards). If no one objects, I'll make the thread tomorrow - right now the pile of characters needing it is somewhat overwhelming.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Would it be worthwhile to make a "Requesting Approval" Thread here where people could post when they are... well... requesting approval? If nothing else, it would give us the ability to see when the approval request went in and also give a single place for people to post them (especially if they need them ASAP so they can receive awards). If no one objects, I'll make the thread tomorrow - right now the pile of characters needing it is somewhat overwhelming.

I'm really hoping that the new Approval requests page fills that function. When this proposal passes (tomorrow if no one votes against it) that page will become the official place to submit your character for approval. I'd like to at least give that method a try before inventing yet another way for people to ask for approval.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Per a comment made by Damen here, it make sense for his Mother to have a deposit on hand w/ the Church of Lauto to ensure "her boy" survives: After all, she gets him out of jail too. I assume if I use some of his gp to "pre-pay" a Raise Dead for him, that'd be kosher?

covaithe

Explorer
Per a comment made by Damen here, it make sense for his Mother to have a deposit on hand w/ the Church of Lauto to ensure "her boy" survives: After all, she gets him out of jail too. I assume if I use some of his gp to "pre-pay" a Raise Dead for him, that'd be kosher?

It's fine with me. I remember in one game (Love Bites? Not completely sure...) I introduced an NPC who sold death insurance for adventurers. Pay X gp, and if you died in the next Y period of time, she'd pay for the Raise Dead. Assuming someone recovered your corpse, of course.

covaithe

Explorer
Announcement

Since this proposal has now passed, the character review and approval system has changed. See the proposal for details. There's a fair bit of work to do to fully realize the changes, but in the meantime here is something that you guys can do to help:

If you are waiting for a character approval, please add your character to the bottom of the new Approval Requests wiki page. You will need to be logged in to Wikia to do so. That is now the official list of people waiting for review. If you're not on it, your review might get lost in the shuffle. We're not gonna throw out the old emails or anything, but better safe than sorry, eh?

covaithe

Explorer
I've updated the Charter to reflect this proposal's changes, plus the proposal where you don't need to re-submit when you level up inside an adventure, which was passed like a year ago but never made it into the charter. I'd welcome a few people to look over the changes and make sure they're sensible. Also, are there any other outstanding proposals that have been passed but not reflected in the Charter? I don't know of any, but I could well have missed some.

The next (last?) change will be the character creation guide. Is there a reason we maintain this in the forum as well as the wiki? Could we have it be just the wiki page? Does anyone see a need for the forum thread?

jsb420

First Post
ooc: Anyone have a level 2+ defender, not in the bar at this moment that wants to help finish an adventure? Desolation Island.

I can use either of the paladins currently in the Hanged Man if need be, but all the other PCs are level 3.

Last edited:

Remove ads