L4W Discussion Thread V

treex

First Post
Well, I just pulled out my old character sheet of Kruor, my Warforged Vampire. I had the stats all figured out and things but I never got around to figuring out Kruor fluff-wise...

But recently, one of H.M.Gimlord's post in the adventure we play together inspired me to use formatting to make our posts more interesting. (A trait I found that many veterans share/use)

So, I fleshed out everything, just so that I could tinker with the formatting :p

Anyway, I'm terrible at naming things, being new to this, I couldn't think of something that would sound...original.
For anyone who doesn't want to bother clicking on my Char Sheet: I need a name for
  • A vampire clan
  • A place where said vampire clan reside (may not be necessary)
  • A catchy name that the villagers call the horde of robot vampires that hunt them for their blood periodically

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Names for:

• A vampire clan
  • A place where said vampire clan reside (may not be necessary)
  • A catchy name that the villagers call the horde of robot vampires that hunt them for their blood periodically

Clan: House Raveris
Place: The Red Isle
Catchy Name: The Iron Damned

treex

First Post
Clan: House Raveris
Place: The Red Isle
Catchy Name: The Iron Damned

I love them! But I can't seem to draw the connection between "Raveris" and vampires??

And Blood Iron Storm is kinda long...hmm...bloody storm...iron storm...iron damned...Well at least I have choices :D

EDIT: Since we're at it, Kruor Sytis was just a place holder. I crapped some latin out. Cruor Sitis, *checks latin dictionary* Blood...thirsty...that's actually a pretty meaningful name. But Sytis doesn't seem to stick (and makes it sound like a disease)
I like Kruor, I imagine Kruor having problems pronouncing it and calling himself Corey...

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
This came up in another thread:

Okay, I'm a moron. Sorry to waste your time. There are two table pages in that wiki, and I managed to link to the wrong one. The auto-generated one isn't the Character Status page, it's the Character Table page (I have no idea why they both exist):

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Table

OK. I looked at the L4W page and while possible, no for now.

A) It requires me to have admin rights to make changes to the wiki software, which I don't have currently. I could use those to add other widgits like spoiler tags.
B) Runs off a third party extension. I would need admin rights to install the extension.
C) The current documentation page for that extension has at least one web/JS virus attached to it.
D) The extension is marked known to be an easy cross-site scripting disaster usable to steal userids/passwords or change server files. In other words, it has no security measures in place. And the wiki language parser is just too painful to try and write a security filter from scratch.

-SK

BBM.

I'm no techy, but should be done something about this?

weldon

Explorer
This came up in another thread:
I'm no techy, but should be done something about this?
I wrote the Character Table page. It does use the DPL extension to pull the info automatically from the existing templates. It is officially supported by wikia, you just have to ask them to turn it on for your site because it can cause a lot of problems if misused.

The security warnings apply to the DPL2 extension, which is different.

I'll post the same answer in the other thread about LEB.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I added Karlowitch as a senior reviewer. We could still (always) use more people helping with character reviews. Thanks!
History suggests only two have been approved. Do the SRs get email when something gets added? (If not, then it requires manually checking, which is less than ideal)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases