L4W Discussion Thread V

Walking Dad

First Post
Or just under the page number at the top of the thread. Select 'Thread Tools' and then 'Subscribe to this Thread'. You don't have to post to subscribe.

WEContact

First Post
Man, I swear I'd never heard of the Artificer's Phantasmal Henchman power until I came here, and then all the sudden there's two or three Artificers or hybrid Artificers who have it. No love for Shocking Feedback? I thought that was like an auto-pick.

VanderLegion

First Post
Man, I swear I'd never heard of the Artificer's Phantasmal Henchman power until I came here, and then all the sudden there's two or three Artificers or hybrid Artificers who have it. No love for Shocking Feedback? I thought that was like an auto-pick.

No worries, shocking feedback is what I took for level 3 :p

Son of Meepo

First Post

Eventually. The problem with Shocking Feedback right now is that I can't be assured of having a ranged weapon in my hands at all times, I need actions to swap between longspear and javelin. Once I get to level 6, a Crossbow of Evil Undone +2 (level 10 item) will show up on my wishlist and I'll pick up the Arcane Familiar feat to get a disembodied hand (which will become a rakshasa claw at paragon). At that point I might consider retraining it.

VanderLegion

First Post
Eventually. The problem with Shocking Feedback right now is that I can't be assured of having a ranged weapon in my hands at all times, I need actions to swap between longspear and javelin. Once I get to level 6, a Crossbow of Evil Undone +2 (level 10 item) will show up on my wishlist and I'll pick up the Arcane Familiar feat to get a disembodied hand (which will become a rakshasa claw at paragon). At that point I might consider retraining it.

Yah, not being hybrid/multiclassed to have to worry about warlord or invoker stuff, I just grabbed the crossbow caster feat, and having gotten my point blank crossbow from the Kolloseaum, I shoulnd't really have to switch to my quarterstaff anymore, should be able to just use the crossbow at least most of the time, making it more feasible for me.

WEContact

First Post
Okay, I gotcha. I've played an Artificer and an Artificer|Warlord, and have really enjoyed both, but both times I only used a Superior Crossbow. Since I don't like the other options as much I sometimes forget that Artificers can use such a wide variety of weapons/implements. :p

Son of Meepo

First Post
Okay, I gotcha. I've played an Artificer and an Artificer|Warlord, and have really enjoyed both, but both times I only used a Superior Crossbow. Since I don't like the other options as much I sometimes forget that Artificers can use such a wide variety of weapons/implements. :p

Yeah. This is a kind of wacky build. I'm trying to create a divine warrior/scholar that could fill the leader role. I multiclassed Invoker so that I could eventually pick up the Divine Philosopher paragon path.

Since I was a follower of Mireva, I wanted to make sure that used spears. I might not even bother with the crossbow as I might just transfer the enchantment to make chieftain's spear in my main hand and a shortspear of evil undone in my off-hand.

VanderLegion

First Post
Aww, just noticed on the charter today that dragonmark feats aren't allowed. That's gonna make my next character slightly less fun :( Also means I hafta go pick a new feat for my executioner for level 2 since I hadn't noticed it at the time,a nd still in an adventure so no approvals yet...

Remove ads