L4W Discussion Thread V

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Aww, just noticed on the charter today that dragonmark feats aren't allowed. That's gonna make my next character slightly less fun :( Also means I hafta go pick a new feat for my executioner for level 2 since I hadn't noticed it at the time,a nd still in an adventure so no approvals yet...
Could always create something for Living Eberron...

VanderLegion

First Post
Could always create something for Living Eberron...

Suppose that's a possibility, though there never really seems to be any really low levels on there when I pop over and take a look...also, the plan for the character was for down the line a bit when I retire a character, as the way I have him built wouldn't work as well for the first few levels - kind of feat heavy to get set up (not to mention the magical item that's fairly integral to how he's built). So I suppose it's actually my character AFTER my next character, since I'll make something else when I can make a third actual character...

VanderLegion

First Post
Oooooh, I missed that part. I'll hafta go look into it. I'm guessing the starting wealth works out the same as in L4W here, which if that's the case is all I need to get my starting gear and enough to get the starting feats I need...

Walking Dad

First Post
LEB equipment:

3e. Choose Equipment Edit

First level characters use the standard procedure for choosing equipment: You start with 100gp and may use any of the approved sources for making purchases.
Characters beyond first level receive additional resources in addition to the initial 100gp allocation. We use a parcel system that roughly represents the treasure your character would have earned adventuring: For each level gained after the first, you gain a treasure parcel in addition to some gold. There are five treasure parcels to choose from:

• A magic item of level n+1 (where n is the level where you gained the parcel)
  • An item of level n+2
  • An item of level n+3
  • An item of level n+4
  • An amount of gold equal to the cost of a level n magic item
For example, a second level new PC gains a parcel at level 1; they may choose either a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th level magic item or 360gp, the cost of a 1st level magic item.
In addition to the parcel, you receive gold equal 1/5th the price of a magic item of the level where you gained the parcel. In the above example, the 2nd level character would receive 72gp with whatever parcel they chose.

Also you use standard point buy (less than L4W).

Walking Dad

First Post
Are alternate reward (Master Training, Boons etc.) allowed?

I would like to get the speak with animals Fey Magic gift for my new druid. It is from 'Heroes of the Feywild' (in the magic item section).

WEContact

First Post
I think we recently voted in a proposal to allow boons/grandmaster trainings/etc to be awarded and purchased/sold as other items, but restricted to one slot. (So, your character would be unable to benefit from two boons simultaneously in the same way that your character cannot benefit from Iron Armbands of Power and Quickhit Bracers simultaneously.)

Remove ads