L4W Discussion Thread V

Medina

Explorer
Given the abundance of L1 defenders around at the moment, would anyone have any objection if I withdraw Rikkon, approved, and reintroduce him as my third character when I'm entitled to play him? I'll roll some persuasion of leader instead as a 2nd character.

I'm not 100% if this is against the charter in theory - I don't really want to retire Rikkon, I'd still like to play him eventually. He's not been on an adventure, I'd just be reversing my introduction of him for a while.

Luinnar

First Post
Given the abundance of L1 defenders around at the moment, would anyone have any objection if I withdraw Rikkon, approved, and reintroduce him as my third character when I'm entitled to play him? I'll roll some persuasion of leader instead as a 2nd character.

I'm not 100% if this is against the charter in theory - I don't really want to retire Rikkon, I'd still like to play him eventually. He's not been on an adventure, I'd just be reversing my introduction of him for a while.
Since it seems pointless to have him retired, then remade and reapproved, I suppose you could label him as "inactive" or "3rd character" or something at the top of his sheet. But if you don't choose him as your 3rd character you will need to retire him (or someone).

WEContact

First Post
I thought about building a Striker or Leader for my L1 PC, but based on the mid-leveled character I thought that Defender would be less popular. Maybe everyone else thought the same thing? Anyways I probably would have played Caim no matter what- she's a character from a pbp game that died last year, and I've really missed her. Stuck up b****.

Are we allowed to swear? I can't remember.

dimsdale

First Post
That's astounding!

Maybe Dex didn't keep all of the strikers alive ;)

Bosch lives! Don't listen to Ondore's lies!

I'm going to think of final fantasy 12 every time I see the title of Dimsdale's game...

I'm not familiar with final fantasy 12. The true inspiration of the dragon Bosch was from the Miami Heat player Chris Bosh. When I saw his face close up on TV in the NBA playoffs against the Chicago Bulls last year, I couldn't help but think that his face kind of looked like a dragon. And now you know the rest of the story. It doesn't help that I misspelled his name when refering to the dragon for the first time. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
I have a defender (tempest fighter) and a leader (blackguard/warlord hybrid) masquerading as a striker if that counts, of course they are not level 1. ;)

treex

First Post
Are we allowed to swear? I can't remember.

There's something around here called the granny rule, if it's something that you wouldn't want to show your granny then it shouldn't be here. Of course, you mileage may vary, my grandmother is really open-minded.

"Har, is that how you talk in school? F-bomb, f-bomb, everywhere! Kids nowadays grow up too fast..."

Someone

Adventurer
I can make my third character, so if an adventure is short of some role I could help. Right now I have ready to plug into the wiki a leader with a fair amount of striking, a striker with a good amount of leadering, and another striker with defender level defenses.

About adventures, now that I found that using published ones are much less work that using my own, I plan on continuing using those. I found a collection of LFR adventures that are particulary interesting; they are relatively short and appropiate for pbp, so I'd be interested in running them, of course altering the background and details to fit the setting.

The question is how many people have read them, since they are public. If they are too well known I'll be looking for other modules elsewhere.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases