L4W Discussion Thread V

treex

First Post
But I wanna be able to Call Spirit Companions, Sneak Attack, Hunter's Quarry, Warden's Mark, Spirit's Fang/Shield, Fighter Interrupt, Oath of Enmity, Demand, Divine Challenge, Healing Word, Speak with Spirits, Inspiring Word and Berserker's Fury *whine*

EDIT: I know it's horrible and not at all min-maxed but it's not like the DMs here make it their job to kill you anyway.

[sblock=Other Chars]And if this character upsets the community for being so horribly un-optimized I do have other ideas like:
Sparky, a Halfling Storm Soul Sorcerer (closest thing is Dang't, same as me only Goblin, played by stonegod)
Vamanos, a crystal wardrobe that...I'm not sure yet. But it's a reskinned Shardmind.
Lo, a sprite? Reskinned Pixie (I'm putting this on hold since we already have a Pixie reskinned as a tooth-fairy)
I also want to play a lying bastard...who'll...rob a blind beggar, use the money to buy a dagger and stab him with it.
And I had the idea of a sentient rocking chair...
A butcher
A baker
A candle-stick maker[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
If you have already made up your mind to play a certain character, then go for it.

I would concentrate on 2-3 of the 6 abilities and stick to the MC feats corresponding to those abilities.

As long as you don't gimp your primary state you probably will be fine for heroic tier.

At paragon though...

As a DM here, I can say that I don't try to kill anyone, but I also don't try to keep them alive. I don't pull punches when I run my monsters.

WEContact

First Post
But I wanna be able to Call Spirit Companions, Sneak Attack, Hunter's Quarry, Warden's Mark, Spirit's Fang/Shield, Fighter Interrupt, Oath of Enmity, Demand, Divine Challenge, Healing Word, Speak with Spirits, Inspiring Word and Berserker's Fury *whine*

EDIT: I know it's horrible and not at all min-maxed but it's not like the DMs here make it their job to kill you anyway.

[sblock=Other Chars]And if this character upsets the community for being so horribly un-optimized I do have other ideas like:
Sparky, a Halfling Storm Soul Sorcerer (closest thing is Dang't, same as me only Goblin, played by stonegod)
Vamanos, a crystal wardrobe that...I'm not sure yet. But it's a reskinned Shardmind.
Lo, a sprite? Reskinned Pixie (I'm putting this on hold since we already have a Pixie reskinned as a tooth-fairy)
I also want to play a lying bastard...who'll...rob a blind beggar, use the money to buy a dagger and stab him with it.
And I had the idea of a sentient rocking chair...
A butcher
A baker
A candle-stick maker[/sblock]
Oh, it's nowhere near bad enough that other players will be upset. Take Virtue of Cunning so that your Virtue doesn't depend on high WIS and make sure your first two MC feats are the Resourceful Warlord one and a Leader one with a daily heal, and you'll be just as good as any other heroic tier Bard, assuming you start with 18 CHA.

CaBaNa

First Post
Is anyone else having an issue, on their mobile device, with "clicking" on something and it acts as if you've "clicked" the banner ad; redirecting you to Amazon?

WEContact

First Post
I wasn't having that problem on my phone, [MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION].

Also, Pack Outcast got nerfed! I suppose we won't have as many of those running around anymore. I for one won't be retraining- I'll just have to pick up Cunning Stalker to satisfy my Surprising Charge needs.

Speaking of Surprising Charge, will anyone be bothered if/when my barbarian continues to produce really high damage numbers? Somewhere in the order of 4d6 brutal 1+2d6+9 at level 5 every time I manage to hit with CA on a charge (which I expect to be able to manage about every other round in a typical fight)?

CaBaNa

First Post
It is still happening, didn't start doing this until yesterday. If I click anywhere on the screen that isn't the ad, it still acts like I've clicked the ad. As if the whole screen is an invisible button for the banner.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases