L4W Discussion Thread V

Luinnar

First Post
Also, Pack Outcast got nerfed! I suppose we won't have as many of those running around anymore. I for one won't be retraining- I'll just have to pick up Cunning Stalker to satisfy my Surprising Charge needs.
Blast! I'm going to have to re-theme Beatrice to Fey Beast Tamer blink dog now.

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Blast! I'm going to have to re-theme Beatrice to Fey Beast Tamer blink dog now.
Pack Outcast still gets you a lot of CA- specifically, if you're adjacent to an enemy that has one of your allies adjacent, everybody involved gets CA. Then if you take Cunning Stalker, you almost never lack CA.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Does anyone here like Seekers?

I've never played a seeker, so take the following with a grain of salt.

I like the magical archer vibe, but somewhere between choosing At-wills and choosing my first encounter power I start to lose interest, and by the time I pick a Daily I realize I rather play a prescient bard. Or an artificer. Or really anything else but a seeker. The class specializes in very mild control, and, well, I'd rather control than discourage.

That being said, I'm told you can do fairly well by going hybrid seeker|executioner, or being a half-elf hunter and poaching a seeker RBA. The former is probably more feasible in L4W, just because it doesn't take until paragon to take off.

WEContact

First Post
I'm with you, THB. I really like their style, but their powers are mostly terrible. I write the Seeker's Handbook over at the CharOp forums, so I'm intimately familiar with how bad things are.

Anyways, I've tried real hard to make a good Controller that feels like a Seeker. Anybody who's interested can take a look at my attempt/soon-to-be-introduced third PC.

CaBaNa

First Post
Cheers WEContact, I read your Seeker's Handbook, I'd say you're doing a great job with the work.

I like the Seeker, for skill challenges and roleplay. I like the Seeker for their capabilities in battle. The Seeker just doesn't have the appeal Wizards, Clerics and other classes have for some reason.

I've made a few Seekers, but never put one on the wiki.

Someone

Adventurer
I share TwoHeadsBarking view. If I make a controller, I want someone who can do something dramatic. I want to move people around, negate actions, shape the battlefield, redirect their attacks. Something I can describe in character and feel powerful - the seeker's style of "I shoot an arrow at him. He feels mildly inconvenienced" isn't my cup of tea.

Remove ads