L4W Discussion Thread V

treex

First Post
The forum ate my post. Twice. I wanted some lore on any wars/recent wars so that I could fluff out my third character.

BAAAAAAH. YOU EATz MAH POSTS.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I have wording of a property question:

In Kolloseum adventure I used Rod of Avernus with a
Rod of Avernus Property: When you gain the benefit of your pact boon you can slide each enemy affected by your warlocks curse 1 square - does this means it is always 1 square or can be enhanced by items?

I played this as sliding when the pact boon triggers, but a friend pointed out that it is usually worded as "when your pact boon triggers"...this would imply that I get to slide only when I use the pact boon (which is equal to the trigger only for Infernal warlocks) - for star pact, gaining the benefit would be when I get my bonus and for darklock only when his aura is triggered, right?

Also, if I gain 3 boons I get +3 to d20 roll, would that be slide 3 or slide 1? Also, would this be enhanced by sliding enhancements?

What do you think?

Also, could someone with subscription ask Customer service? Or somebody already has?

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Unconventional wording notwithstanding, I'd say you gain the benefit of the pact when it triggers, not the moment you actually apply the bonus.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Anyone else? See two posts above

[MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION], [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION], [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION], [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], [MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION], [MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION], [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]?

Feel free to add more :)

Also, thanks [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] for playing for me for a while

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
I think gaining the benefit of the boon is the effect that occurs when the boon is triggered, and has nothing to do with when you actually use the benefit of the boon. You gain the benefit of a +1 to a future d20 roll with Fate of the Void even though you use the benefit later.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Anyone else? See two posts above

[MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=79620]Ozymandias79[/MENTION], [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION], [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION], [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], [MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION], [MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION], [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]?

Feel free to add more :)

Also, thanks [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] for playing for me for a while
One of these days, the L4W folks are just going to have to make me a judge as everyone else already thinks of me as one over here. :p

[To be fair, I was offered at the start and did turn it down at that time.]

A concur that sill wording aside, it fires when you gain the boon effect, not when you use the boon.

CaBaNa

First Post
When the pact boon is gained, not when it is used.

That way it is gained, slide 1, gained, slide 1, gained, slide 1.

3 slides of 1, 3 triggers.

Not 3 triggers and 1 slide of 3.

Remove ads