L4W Discussion Thread V

dimsdale

First Post
So, I've just stumbled upon something quite interesting while reading some DnD trivia and I thought it would make an excellent adventure. Then I realized I wouldn't be that good at DMing (yet).

For example, I don't have any DM tools like maps and grids and such (though I have photoshop) and I don't have a good grasp on what creatures to use in encounters. Oh, and adventure proposals...how to go about that.

Oh mighty DMs, show me the way.

If you want to save time you can use google documents. It's crude I know, but it allows you to speed up play and players can move their tokens using the interactive map. Go in one of my adventures or take a look at an adenture by Voda Vosa (that's who I got the idea from :) ) Iron Sky did an adventure recently to using the same format.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Is there a limit to the level of magic item you can purchase. My level 6 character has a level 10 item at the top of her wish list. With the time gp from the latest adventure and a retired character, she has the 5000 gp to afford it.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Is there a limit to the level of magic item you can purchase. My level 6 character has a level 10 item at the top of her wish list. With the time gp from the latest adventure and a retired character, she has the 5000 gp to afford it.
Not as far as I know, and a lvl 10 item is w/in the possibility of a normal parcel for a 6th level character.

renau1g

First Post
If you want to save time you can use google documents. It's crude I know, but it allows you to speed up play and players can move their tokens using the interactive map. Go in one of my adventures or take a look at an adenture by Voda Vosa (that's who I got the idea from :) ) Iron Sky did an adventure recently to using the same format.

I miss that site that Mal had from Trapped in Hell's Basement that crapped out 1/2 way through. It was awesome. It seemed like Maptools and would let players move their own PCs. So took the "prettiness" of Maptools and the ease of say the google docs files and made an awesome package.

I guess It's still MapTools for now....

Son of Meepo

First Post
I miss that site that Mal had from Trapped in Hell's Basement that crapped out 1/2 way through. It was awesome. It seemed like Maptools and would let players move their own PCs. So took the "prettiness" of Maptools and the ease of say the google docs files and made an awesome package.

I guess It's still MapTools for now....

Do you mean ditzie

renau1g

First Post
Super off-topic, but [MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION] and [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION]- you guys aren't university students correct? I've been reading a lot of stuff about the protests in Quebec about the tuition increase. Just saw a group marching in their underwears. just wanted to make sure that you guys weren't that dude rocking the suspenders and bow over his .......

800_naked_again_120503_430241.jpg

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l.../mtl_classe_120503/20120503/?hub=MontrealHome

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
oh right, I forgot you're a Quebecois also.

Hopefully they're not bothering you too much, they seemed relatively tame (unless you are a cop).

Are you in Montreal? I am hoping to get up there myself in June for the Beer Festival, depends on the flight costs.... I love Montreal in the summer.

Mondial de la bière Montréal 2012 - Mondial de la bière

Beer festival. [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION] is a fan of beer. He has a whole collection of empty beer bottle he has all tasted and evaluated. If you are around, tell us. The governement is presently negotating with the student's organisation, so it might end soon... at the same time, we have the worst manifestation at Victoriaville, a city between Montreal and Quebec, so that might create some tension between the two groups.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases