L4W Discussion Thread V

Dunamin

First Post
I was wondering if someone could point me to some information about planning an adventure and recruiting players. I've read the charter but it I can't find any specifics for handling treasure or who to send the adventure to, etc.
Hey duhexenhase, welcome to L4W. :)

Adventure submissions, like character submissions, should be sent to the judges at l4w.judges@gmail.com. There's a great ancient thread somewhere around here with DM and adventure advice by covaithe, I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Ah yes, here we go.

duhexenhase

First Post
@Renau1g
My question about treasure was mostly what parcels should I hand out if the adventure doesn't span an entire level. Reading the post that Dunamin linked suggests giving out a percentage of the treasure based on the percentage of the xp given. That makes good sense to me.

I was thinking that it seems the ratio of players to gms can be horrendous sometimes and that, if I couldn't find a game to join, I might as well make one. pbp does seem to be very different form tabletop, but I've been growing desperate for some gaming and L4W looks like a good match.
:D

Although, that said, maybe I should lurk a bit more. I'm not all that experienced with 4e, and I haven't played in a while. With phb3 coming out, there's bound to be more adventurers and adventures.

@Dunamin
Thank you for the information. I do find it very helpful to read through some of the current adventures, so an adventure that seems to be a pbp tutorial is very interesting. I'll make sure to read it in full.

renau1g

First Post
As i mentioned in the tavern (I think I did) my Simple Errand game has an opening so if you're looking to jump in that might be a good fit. I'm open to new players (both 4e & PbP), but I'd re-iterate that a 14 in your primary score is likely too low, a 16 is really a minimum to be able to hit reliably. Also, you only spent 22 points, but in L4W we get 25 so that could be used to help bump the 14 to 16.

nerdytenor

First Post
renau1g gives good advice. There's no reason to go with anything less than a 16 in your primary stat, especially with our liberal 25-point buy.

LadyLaw

First Post
I just have to jump in with a completely irrelevant comment:

Duhexenhase, thumbs up to you for Meepo the Kobold. I have very fond and amusing memories of a Meepo the Kobold when we ran through some published adventures back in undergrad. I forget what the name of the low-level one was, but I recall that we ended up moving on to The Temple of Elemental Evil. At any rate, when I saw that it made me chuckle and I just had to give you props.

Sorry for rambling derail.

Otakkun

Explorer
Here I go trying to dance with the template again. My previous intent on making a wizard went down the drain due to lack of interest from my part, let's hope that the idea of playing an avenger for an extensive period of time is encouragement enough through the editting process :cool:

duhexenhase

First Post
[sblock=renau1g]As i mentioned in the tavern (I think I did) my Simple Errand game has an opening so if you're looking to jump in that might be a good fit. I'm open to new players (both 4e & PbP), but I'd re-iterate that a 14 in your primary score is likely too low, a 16 is really a minimum to be able to hit reliably. Also, you only spent 22 points, but in L4W we get 25 so that could be used to help bump the 14 to 16.[/sblock]

My current idea for the character is to bump str to 15 in preparation for taking plate proficiency at lvl 4. I more care about giving other people hits than being able to attack successfully myself. With Versatile Platemail I'd have the ability to keep my movement at 6 and, with just a minor action, have full platemail defense.

My number one question about brash strike is if the effect works even if I miss. I feel it does, and if it does, I think it's the best choice. If not Viperstrike would be nasty against goblins or kobolds and wolf-pack would play up my inherent shiftiness.

My secondary question is whether or not when I use Opening Shove on an ally if the ally can chose to not block the attack, allowing me to give it the 1 push. If I have to roll for that attack, I might be better off taking Commander's strike.

Edit: I'll also be doing my darnedest to to find powers that hit a NAD so I can get the most of my +3 proficiency on my whip. I only have the trial version of CB right now, but I'm thinking that, if I get to lvl 3 I might pick up Hammer and Anvil - maybe I'll even try to get rid of my chr penalty.

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Ahh Meepo, my bestest of minions friends. Allas, you lived such a short life once you met me, meeting your doom to a singular blast of wyrmling's ice...

Let us all take a moment of silence for the many iterations of Meepo who have served no other purpose than to fall into a spiked pit or taken a goblin's weapon to the skull.

;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases