L4W Discussion Thread V

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=A question for a Judge; Sanction request; my players stay out please]
As lord Sessadore, our judge is away until the 26th and I want to move the adventure on I wanted the green or red light from another judge.

[sblock=The question; Out I say! Out! (My players I mean)]
We had a player drop from the campaign not to be heard from since ages. It was me that put out the invite on the Players seeking Players forum which he responded to and got his PC up. His character is evil and has just been rudely sent away by the elves in the adventure.

I would love to bring him back into the adventure as an NPC villain, which means of course he could be killed by the PCs. I don't want to go into too much detail ... hehehe, it's hard to resist peeking into spoiler blocks! But I don't know if I am allowed

I really doubt it will matter. If he wanted to continue on with his PC he could just say he had be raised from the dead and build it into his backstory again I guess.

Basically, I'd like a green light from a judge to sanction this. [/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=jbear not his PCs]
Since it is someone else's character I'm going to have to say no. I know he may never return, but since he created him he has full control over him. You could PM the person and see if you get a response.

Now if you want to make the villain a clone/doppelganger/illusion or something like that I suppose it would be OK, just don't use the real character or kill him off. :)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Since it is someone else's character I'm going to have to say no. I know he may never return, but since he created him he has full control over him. You could PM the person and see if you get a response.

Now if you want to make the villain a clone/doppelganger/illusion or something like that I suppose it would be OK, just don't use the real character or kill him off. :)

This.

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Hmmmm.. if only there was some way to send messages that only specific people could see, so you could keep them private. That would be a really useful function! ;P

Neil1889

First Post
jbear, I read and took the gist in here, alas.

Sorry, I'm good at ignoring email spoilers, but the mind snap-shots blocks of text on booklike pages sometimes.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Don't worry, I have decided to scrap the idea. It would have been pretty cool I think, but never mind.

It's hard to know which judges are active or around to be sending off multiple PMs which fill up inbox quickly and is in general a pain. But really it didn't take Luinnar much to include a response within spoilers (Thanks for that by the way).

That is what they are there for also.

I don't really understand why, as a judge or even a player within the community, someone would quote something deliberately put in a spoiler block. Especially to only say "This."

Anyway, water under the bridge.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I don't really understand why, as a judge or even a player within the community, someone would quote something deliberately put in a spoiler block. Especially to only say "This."

Anyway, water under the bridge.

My bad. I usually strip ooc/gm takes from quotes because of OCD and stripped those sblock tags automatically without even thinking about it. I skimmed through the post in the 5 minutes I had to check ENWorld and concurred. I apologize and will be more careful about such things in the future.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases