L4W Discussion Thread V

Someone

Adventurer
Prime, one of my characters, attacks again in his never ending quest of provoking rules questions, and by now I think he holds some sort of record. The thing is, an enemy that he has marked attacked another character with a ranged attack. I'm fairly confident that I get both a combat challenge attack AND an opportunity attack before said enemy, a lich, has even attacked as both attacks are interrupts.

The point is, Prime has a feat that allows him to push enemies with a combat challenge attack (as long he wear a shield, an unimportant detail right now). He can push the lich so it's adjacent to allies that werent adjacent when the lich provoked both attacks from Prime. The question is, can those allies make an opportunity attack too?

Son of Meepo

First Post
I say yes.

Opportunity actions interrupt the trigger, Combat Challenge is also an interrupt. So combat challenge and the push is resolved before the trigger completes. Since the trigger hasn't completed, anyone can still interrupt it IMO.

WEContact

First Post
I say yes.

Opportunity actions interrupt the trigger, Combat Challenge is also an interrupt. So combat challenge and the push is resolved before the trigger completes. Since the trigger hasn't completed, anyone can still interrupt it IMO.
This is the consensus among the rules lawyers over at the CharOp forum.

WEContact

First Post
[sblock=NEVERMIND I GOT SOMETHING]I'm having a mental block. I cannot come up with a good backstory/personality to go with this Human Seeker|Ranger.
Chambers2.png

Somebody help me out. I see him as a kind of mangy, wilderness-dwelling bandit. Ideally there should be some authority in place wherever he's from, so that he can have a habit of thumbing his nose at it. I can't find a good place in the L4W wiki geography section for him to have come from, and without doing that, I can't really work out why he's come to Daunton to find adventuring work.[/sblock]
I forgot that Daunton is not just the city, it's also an island, with increasingly frequent links to Arcadia which is thick with fey primal magic which is perfect for a seeker|ranger okay bye gonna go write some fluff.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Really nice website. Love it. I didn't try ti yet, and I doubt I will for some time, because I do enough PbP for the time I have at the moment.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases