L4W Discussion Thread V

Right. I knew about the Enchant Magic Item ritual... but for those of us who are not ritual spell casters? Can we use an NPC to cast that ritual for us, and if so, how much would it cost?

Phoenix8008

First Post
Right. I knew about the Enchant Magic Item ritual... but for those of us who are not ritual spell casters? Can we use an NPC to cast that ritual for us, and if so, how much would it cost?

Right, would it be just assumed that if the PC can afford to pay the cost of the upgrade, that he can get some no-name NPC to do the upgrade during downtime between adventures? Seems to me that this should be the way it is for game fairness. Otherwise a non ritual using PC can't do it at all, or has to pay extra to have someone else do it for him. Seems unfair to me unless anyone can do it for the same cost.

Someone

Adventurer

The situation is no different than acquiring the item in the first place, since they're created with the same ritual anyway.

Neil1889

First Post

Lilli actually has that ritual so can produce things within her limited scope, if she's inclined to.

Also she's in the IAC. There's reference in there on the wiki about members of a certain standing getting access to guild enchanters, though what that meant may not have been exactly covered. It wouldn't be a stretch to assume that it could mean access to folks who can make stuff. Like Lilli herself for instance.

Last edited:

Anything in the AV not forbidden is permitted as per our All WotC policy.

Thanks SG, but my real question isn't whether or not it's permitted for US as players to use the Enchant Magic Item ritual, it's whether or not we can have an NPC do it for us, and if we can, how much is it going to cost us to do so?

WEContact

First Post
Since we can buy and craft items for exactly the same price, it's clear that we can dismiss merchant profit as a concern. How merchants in Daunton are able to sell us any one of the thousands of available magic items is not clarified, so it's safe to assume the most reasonable explanation. Now which makes more sense: non-adventuring merchants somehow accrue vast hoards of magic items, most of which they'll never be able to sell, OR merchants are simply ritual casters who, when given enough gold, (they certainly don't have enough themselves) can craft magic items, which they do according to demand?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Thanks SG, but my real question isn't whether or not it's permitted for US as players to use the Enchant Magic Item ritual, it's whether or not we can have an NPC do it for us, and if we can, how much is it going to cost us to do so?
And I stand by my answer: We don't have to specially find NPCs to buy items from; this is no different.

renau1g

First Post
I would agree with stonegod. It would be handled offscreen when between adventures, but subject to DM approval if wanted to be done during an adventure.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases