L4W Discussion Thread V

renau1g

First Post
Since we can buy and craft items for exactly the same price, it's clear that we can dismiss merchant profit as a concern. How merchants in Daunton are able to sell us any one of the thousands of available magic items is not clarified, so it's safe to assume the most reasonable explanation. Now which makes more sense: non-adventuring merchants somehow accrue vast hoards of magic items, most of which they'll never be able to sell, OR merchants are simply ritual casters who, when given enough gold, (they certainly don't have enough themselves) can craft magic items, which they do according to demand?

D&D economies never made sense, best not to think to hard about it. The fact that our PC's give a few gold pieces to pay for drinks at the bar would likely destabilize the economy with inflation as a few gold are what most farmers survive on in a year IIRC.

Thanks for all of your feedback everyone! Guess that means I just need to ask my DM for approval to upgrade my current item to the next enhancement level...

*Bats eyelashes at [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] *

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dear L4W gamers,

I've had a great time gaming with you all the last few years, especially in those barren times after my RL group dissolved and this was my only source of RPG goodness.

Sadly, 4e is losing its appeal for me, especially the paywall of D&D Insider that essentially costs me money any time I want to level up my characters. That and between an (awesome) girlfriend, two jobs, a RL gaming group (yay!), moving, and soon-to-be managing some property for my dad I have little free time available.

That creative free time is largely focused on writing, prepping for the Epic campaign I'm running in my homebrew Final Eden setting, and tinkering with any one of my hundred homebrew RPG, 4X, card game, board game, and/or Flash Game designs when the inspiration demands it...

In the future there is always the small chance that I shall return, but for the mean time it's has been a joy and a pleasure running games for and playing alongside all of you. May your gaming be rife with fun, adventure, XP, and phat loots.

Judges, please remove my judging permissions from the L4W Wiki (just in case) and remove me from the judge e-mail forwarding. Thanks!

Goodbye from Sir Exsixten, Seraph, Phoenix, and Dante(RIP).

All the best,

Iron Sky
:)

renau1g

First Post
Well, I'm sad to see you go Iron Sky, but all the best and it was a pleasure gaming with you these last couple of years. You're games were inspiring and had some really awesome/different challenges/mechanics.

Good luck with everything and if you ever get more time, feel free to drop by. Oh, and tell Sanzuo hi if you still keep in touch.

dimsdale

First Post
Hypothetically speaking,

suppose a monster is grabbed by a hero. The monster has a telekinesis power. Can the foe use the power to project the one grabbing it away from it without having to make a save vs grabbed?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases