of the characters unconscious.

Thank you everyone...thank you

Looking forward to knocking more characters
unconscious in the near future.

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Sky's Quote]
Dear L4W gamers,

I've had a great time gaming with you all the last few years, especially in those barren times after my RL group dissolved and this was my only source of RPG goodness.

Sadly, 4e is losing its appeal for me, especially the paywall of D&D Insider that essentially costs me money any time I want to level up my characters. That and between an (awesome) girlfriend, two jobs, a RL gaming group (yay!), moving, and soon-to-be managing some property for my dad I have little free time available.

That creative free time is largely focused on writing, prepping for the Epic campaign I'm running in my homebrew Final Eden setting, and tinkering with any one of my hundred homebrew RPG, 4X, card game, board game, and/or Flash Game designs when the inspiration demands it...

In the future there is always the small chance that I shall return, but for the mean time it's has been a joy and a pleasure running games for and playing alongside all of you. May your gaming be rife with fun, adventure, XP, and phat loots.

Judges, please remove my judging permissions from the L4W Wiki (just in case) and remove me from the judge e-mail forwarding. Thanks!

Goodbye from Sir Exsixten, Seraph, Phoenix, and Dante(RIP).

All the best,

Iron Sky
:)
[/sblock]
Best wishes on all your awesome RL goodness, we will miss you! Thanks for the years of fantastic gaming!

Son of Meepo

First Post
To everyone involved in a game with me.

Apologies for my absence, but last weekend, my mother-in-law fell and hurt herself. As her nearest relatives, we've been helping her out a lot while my father-in-law was working.

This weekend I have to travel to visit my family.

I am going to try to post to the games I am playing in at lunch.

I simply will not have adequate time to set up the next scene for the game I am DMing.

If I don't get to post today, then the earliest I will be able to is Monday.

Feel free to NPC me if you need to move a game along.

Rapida

First Post
I don't mean to toot my own horn but....beep beep

It took me a year, but I finally made one of my
encounters tough enough to actually knock one
of the characters unconscious.

Thank you everyone...thank you

Looking forward to knocking more characters
unconscious in the near future.
You also get:
Achievement Unlocked: Do it yourself (10 DM Points)
Description: A player knocked himself unconscious while punching an exploding monster.

On a more serious note, I'm going to retire Brenwar. I don't have a second character fully fleshed out, but I wouldn't mind bumping up my Kobold monk (Level 2) up to level 4 so that I'm the same level as my fellow adventurers. First of all I'd have to ask my DM (who I just quoted), but what are the steps I need to follow when retiring with the goal of bumping Ignus' level?

I guess I need to create a higher level character, then have enough spare XP to allocate to Ignus to bump him from level 2 to 4? Would it be alright to create a blank Level X character until I decide my race/class?

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
To everyone involved in a game with me.

Apologies for my absence, but last weekend, my mother-in-law fell and hurt herself. As her nearest relatives, we've been helping her out a lot while my father-in-law was working.

This weekend I have to travel to visit my family.

I am going to try to post to the games I am playing in at lunch.

I simply will not have adequate time to set up the next scene for the game I am DMing.

If I don't get to post today, then the earliest I will be able to is Monday.

Feel free to NPC me if you need to move a game along.

Thanks for the warning.

VanderLegion

First Post
You also get:
On a more serious note, I'm going to retire Brenwar. I don't have a second character fully fleshed out, but I wouldn't mind bumping up my Kobold monk (Level 2) up to level 3 so that I'm the same level as my fellow adventurers.

Well at least one of your fellow adventurers just hit level 4 as a result of the xp we just got :).

VanderLegion

First Post
As for retiring Brenwar to get some xp for Ignus, assuming you were at level 2 exactly, so 1000 xp (dunno exactly what xp you'll be at, so you can adjust as needed), you would need 1750 xp to hit level 4. If you retired Brenwar to make a new level 7 character, you would bank (13990 - 10000)/2 = 1995 xp you could pass to other characters, which gives you plenty to bump ignus up to level 4 and have a bit left over for later or another character, etc. As for making a blank character until you decide what to make, I'd assume that's okay, but that's for the judges to answer I'd imagine.

Rapida

First Post
As for retiring Brenwar to get some xp for Ignus, assuming you were at level 2 exactly, so 1000 xp (dunno exactly what xp you'll be at, so you can adjust as needed), you would need 1750 xp to hit level 4. If you retired Brenwar to make a new level 7 character, you would bank (13990 - 10000)/2 = 1995 xp you could pass to other characters, which gives you plenty to bump ignus up to level 4 and have a bit left over for later or another character, etc. As for making a blank character until you decide what to make, I'd assume that's okay, but that's for the judges to answer I'd imagine.
Brenwar's sheet hasn't been updated to level 9 yet since I planned to retire him, but his actual experience is 18694. So, I guess it would be making a level 8 character, but how do I calculate the XP to pass?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases