L4W Discussion Thread V

Grimmjow

First Post
he was going to approve my adventure and I've messaged him a few times about it but he never got back, so my adventure still needs one approval. anyone will to do it for me. "The Broken Tower".

i take this back. It looks like he did approve it and i just misunderstood what he said about sending me an email. Unless a judge can tell me differently (with your magical judge powers) it does look like he approved it

CaBaNa

First Post
Has anyone heard anything from renau1g? He said to be patient...but it's now been more than a month since we've had a post from him in A Knight in D'Argent Manor. The last thing I've seen from him was on the 24th of October, when he said he'd try to post by the end of the week. That didn't happen, and it's been more than 2 weeks since then.

Should we be looking to have a judge/another DM take over that adventure?

Keep in mind, ENworld was wonky for a bit and may have chased him off. Now that things seem to be back to normal, he'll likely find his rhythm again.
[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] come out and play eh.

Side note: Welcome back treex! Happy to see Kruor running amok.

treex

First Post
And I'm glad to be back! Frankly, Kruor is my favourite. All my other characters seem to pale in comparison and I suck at being a pirate D:

A quick question: what was the ruling on using newly published material? Because Dragon 416 has finally released some support for the vampire through some neat-o magical items. None of them seem broken so far, so I was wondering whether I can start putting them on my wishlist/buy one or two.

Someone

Adventurer
New published material IIRC has a 1 month cooldown period to detect possible imbalances and discuss proposals for houseruling or banning them.

treex

First Post
Oh good. Dragon 416 was last month's release, I believe. Can someone confirm?

And...BAAAH. I'm 200gp short of buying anything in that list :<

Someone

Adventurer
Speaking again about ki focuses, let's see if I understood it correctly. When you make a Weapon attack and you also have a Ki fous you're attuned to, you have the choice of drawing on the ki focus magic or the weapon's magic, this meaning enhancement bonuses, extra crit damage and effects, properties, item powers of only one of the items for that particular attack (not mixing and matching) and so on. This is clear.

What about feats, though? If I'm making a weapon attack with a hammer and have a Ki focus, can you use Superior implement bonuses, or Ki focus expertise or Bludgeon expertise? The wording suggests that you can draw only from the magic, not the feats. Does that mean that you can't use Ki focus related feats unless you're using Implement attacks?

Feats apply whenever their qualifications are met. For instance, let's say you're using a club with a +1 magic ki focus and have Bludgeoning expertise. If you're making a weapon attack with a bludgeoning weapon (in this case you are), then the feat applies, even though you're using your Ki Focus for its +1 enhancement bonus and crit effects.

Son of Meepo

First Post
I am the DM of a game that has stalled out, Auction House.

It was going pretty well until I had to take a few weeks off due to family issues. I tried to start it up again a few weeks ago but only got about half the players to respond.

Now that the holidays are coming and the beginning of next year promises to be busy for me at work, I think it best to just abandon the adventure.

The adventure never got a judge, so I need someone to help wrap it up and give the players their rewards.

The party was in the middle of a skill challenge that they were likely going to fail IMO, so I'm not sure how I should award XP, if any for that encounter as even though it didn't look to good for the party, it wasn't completed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases