L4W Discussion Thread V

Phoenix8008

First Post
A request for those that do the character approvals. Kama'zer has already got both approvals for 6th level some time ago, but she doesn't show up on the 'Approved Characters' list. And while I'm asking for stuff, might as well put in a bump requesting approvals for Arshaka the lvl 3 Psion as well. It's a pretty clean build as he was created at 3rd level after retiring Talon. No big rush of course as he's in the middle of his first adventure still and with tomorrow being Christmas I'm not expecting much from anyone here on the boards for the rest of the year.

WEContact

First Post
Whoops! Sorry for my absence, CFW and Voda and co-players. Christmas was busy busy, and my computer is only kind of working. I'm working on getting a new one but until I do my posting will spottier than usual.

Understandable, WEContact. This time of year is slower on the posting front anyway, so it's not a huge deal, honestly. I'll just NPC your characters if you don't post for more than a few days. Thanks for jumping on and letting us know you're still alive and well, and not just disappearing!

Vertexx69

First Post
So how does the treasure system work over here in L4W? I got the passive time part, but what about the adventuring loot? In LEB we use an N+ system that lets us plan what we need to get so we can put the items on our wishlist in the right order. Is it the same here?

For instance the first thing my pixie starlock will need is a +1 Defiant Bloodcurse Rod (AV). This a lvl 4 item, which would be an N+3 parcel before he hits lvl 2. Or is it more of a strait gold, buy it yourself type system?

Luinnar

First Post
So how does the treasure system work over here in L4W? I got the passive time part, but what about the adventuring loot? In LEB we use an N+ system that lets us plan what we need to get so we can put the items on our wishlist in the right order. Is it the same here?

For instance the first thing my pixie starlock will need is a +1 Defiant Bloodcurse Rod (AV). This a lvl 4 item, which would be an N+3 parcel before he hits lvl 2. Or is it more of a strait gold, buy it yourself type system?
The DM sets the rewards themselves, we are not locked into a parcel system like LEB. So you could get 2 N+2 items in a row. Usually DMs like for players to make wishlists and prioritize them so they know what is their most wanted items.

You can also buy stuff with your time gold.

Vertexx69

First Post
good to know, so what is the highest lvl item we could conceivable get? For example in LEB the highest is N+4, and then only once every 5 lvls. Just trying to figure out how to fill my wishlist :)

Luinnar

First Post
good to know, so what is the highest lvl item we could conceivable get? For example in LEB the highest is N+4, and then only once every 5 lvls. Just trying to figure out how to fill my wishlist :)
Theoretically there is no limit, but a DM should only allow items around your level. I would not give a level 1 PC a level 10 item (or even a level 6 or 7 item). Item cost is designed in a way to make it basically impossible to save up for very high level items. Even if you save all your money from 1-10 you still would not be able to buy a level 20 item for example.

I usually make a wishlist from my level up to a couple levels higher than my character, Anything below your level you can easily buy.

Velmont

First Post
I have three characters, and they are actually all in idle in stalled adventure... could a Judge help here.

- Auction House have been declared finished by SonOfMeepo, our DM, but the XP hasn't been approved.
- Murder at Midnight was DMed by Renau1g, but he has been inactive for a while.
- The Missing Professor was DMed by H.M.Gimlord, but he hasn't posted for 6 months now.

I would like to see my characters active again. Thanks to teh judges that will take action on these.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases